Another handicap MOD

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
I've been looking at a way to keep from having to get on my knees to recover a target. It runs me out of breath and limits my hunting time. I could use a shovel but I just don't like the idea of being seen carrying a shovel around the city parks. I took a walking stick I had used when I first had my leg mauled and mounted a small garden tool to the end. From a distance it doesn't look near as menacing, it is light, and should make my causal hunting more pleasurable.

I liked the way they are used by beach hunters so I copied the same idea but with a smaller tougher blade. Now I should just have to bend down to pick up what I recovered. I'll find out in the morning. I tried it this morning but how it was fastened wasn't holding good. Now I drilled holes through both the handle of the tool & the walking stick and screwed it.

Attachments

• IMG_8795.jpg
    IMG_8795.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 324
There's a plugger on e bay for $165.00 but I'm not sure it would work for you?
Sounds like someone may need to invent it again.

Not sure i understand your logic. You dont like the optics of carrying a "shovel" but you affixed a small one to the end of a pole that appears more obtrusive than say a 36" lesche or Predator shovel with the small blade. But hey, whatever works for you...

Back
Top Bottom