Broken equinox arm cuff...

volksbeetle28

So my arm cuff broke while on vacation. I contacted Minelab service department, and got a response to contact a dealer to purchase a replacement cuff. Does that sound right? Is that part not covered by warranty?

I guess they're assuming it could only break from misuse/abuse.

The foam pad fell off of my arm cuff yesterday. Less than a year old and used as directed.

Last edited:
Jeff Herke has solved the flimsy cuff design and Steves Rods has taken care of the shaky rod problem but I'm not sure if the fading screen, water leaks, or broken coil ears have been figured out yet.

The NOX does perform really well when it's working but build quality and reliability are not it's strong points so I carry a 20 year old Tesoro along just in case. Tesoros don't need a parachute, you could throw one out of an airplane and it would still work:D

The NOX does perform really well when it's working but build quality and reliability are not it's strong points so I carry a 20 year old Tesoro along just in case. Tesoros don't need a parachute, you could throw one out of an airplane and it would still work:D

Lmao

While it could be used error that broke the armcuff it's such a small price on minelabs part to do the right thing and keep customers happy and huntin.

Last edited:
The NOX does perform really well when it's working but build quality and reliability are not it's strong points ....
I was on the verge of getting an EQ-800 w/6" DD coil and give it a fair run in some really tough sites. That's what I did with the XP ORX and its smaller-size coil. But all the flags are going up and waving about EQ issues. :shock:

s... o I carry a 20 year old Tesoro along just in case.
Always should be outfitted with at least one good Tesoro model. Next month makes 22 years I have been enjoying and relying on a Bandido II microMAX and Silver Sabre microMAX with a smaller-size coil. I've often preferred using them to one of the newer, and supposedly better, detectors that are claimed to be "multi-talented."

Monte

Cheap plastic !!!!. Invest in a better cuff and never worry again.

I’ve been pretty careful with it, don’t use use a fast swing, only a quick back and forth when zeroing in on a target. I was hoping if I sent in a picture of the broken cuff they’d send me one out. Small setback, but I guess I’ll have to see what options are out there to upgrade the cuff. Overall I’ve been very happy with the Nox, but I’ll always keep my AT Pro and F75 as back ups or if I just feel like changing it up. My pro took in water a few days after the warranty was up, and Garrett repaired it at no cost.

Go buy some 2 part epoxy and fix it yourself. I would try that and if it works you saved a few bucks.

Jeff Herke has solved the flimsy cuff design and Steves Rods has taken care of the shaky rod problem but I'm not sure if the fading screen, water leaks, or broken coil ears have been figured out yet.

this is correct! tesoro build quality is second to none.in another 20 years, still be "ready to rock!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

QUOTE=Monte: I was on the verge of getting an EQ-800 w/6" DD coil and give it a fair run in some really tough sites. That's what I did with the XP ORX and its smaller-size coil. But all the flags are going up and waving about EQ issues.

Hi Monte,
I have over 1000 hours on my Nox 600 and at least 400 hours on my Nox 800. Like Toy Soldier, my foam armrest pads kept coming unglued so I bought two of Doc's armrest covers. Problem solved and my armrest is well protected. I have had no other problems with my Equinox detectors although I have not submerged either of them yet. I have beat the !!!! out of them too. With the 6" coil in heavy aluminum, iron, or highly mineralized gold prospecting ground, the Equinox is outstanding and can easily hit 7" to 8" targets using the 6" coil.

The flimsy Equinox armrest was designed to lower the weight (and the price?) in my opinion. Personally I would have liked more backend weight on the Equinox especially with the 11" coil. I added 5 ounces of weight in the shaft just in back of the armrest to counter the nose heaviness.

I hope you are still enjoying your ORX. I would love to hear you thoughts on that outstanding detector too, soon.

Jeff

Plastic fix

Go buy some 2 part epoxy and fix it yourself. I would try that and if it works you saved a few bucks.

If you have to fix anything on a plastic detector JB WELD PLASTIC BONDER

is the ticket. Sets in fifteen minutes and works as advertised!

The equinox detectors have incredible technology. However, they are built like !!!!!!! Between broken parts and tons of unit's leaking. Shame on Minelab!!!!

I changed out my cuff for a Herke. I have no use for a spare. Private message me your address and you can have my plastic one for free.

The equinox detectors have incredible technology. However, they are built like !!!!!!! Between broken parts and tons of unit's leaking. Shame on Minelab!!!!

Ive had mine over a year and use it like it was intended and the only problem ive had is the foam pad fell off the arm cuff. I attributed it to the fact that i hunted in the rain quite a bit last winter, and sweat a lot in the summer which weakened the adhesive. I dont think there are as many problems with the EQs some would have you believe. I think the same pool of problems have been shared in multiple public forums and it appears that the problem is worse than it really is. I know several folks with EQs and zero problems.

Back
Top Bottom