flying to Maine in a couple of days

dc426

Elite Member
and gonna bring the gear. I would like to do some beach hunting on York beach, ME. I plan on breaking down the detector and bagging it as carry on. The scoop which is a travel aluminum scoop I guess is gonna go in luggage. I don't think they'll let me carry that on. Anyone have any experience traveling with their gear?
DC

I have no experience, but I thought I read a post at one point where someone asked similar questions. Someone responded a search for "travel" would yield some info. Have a good trip. Good luck on the hunt!

There is a guy on my local forum who hits those beaches all the time. He always comes away with a crazy amount of coins/gold/silver. Make sure you hit it on a good negative tide.

As long as you pack your rods with your scoop in your luggage there should be no problem.The TSA always have me take the detector out of the carry on and place it in plastic bin, Never had a problem.

Good luck in the cold water.
Jim

I can't comment on the new travel restriction, I quit flying and bought the motor home for traveling after TSA ruined my last two air trips.. But I can say where you are heading is unbelievable hunting...the beaches are like they have never seen a detector. They seem to all come to FL for detecting vacations, never hunting their home beaches.

Back
Top Bottom