way to lock a gun type cabinet? detector storage..

huntman

I have a matching pair of cabinets about 6.5 ft tall and are oak with oak trim doors with glass in middle. look very close style to gun cabinets. I got glass shelves in one of them for all my neat finds as well as just collectable things. The other has my metal detectors. I'm thinking I should black out the glass or something on the detector one so detectors are not seen or take the glass out of door and add a oak panel so it would be a solid door.. but what is a way to add a lock on the door? lock both maybe..I think a hasp would really ruin the looks as they are beautiful cabinets. any lock pictures of cabinets?

If they are in your house and someone breaks in they will get into it either way. If you black it out or panel it off I think their curiosity of what's inside would cause them to break into it for sure. I would leave them as is and hope they are to stupid to mess with them. Most crooks go for electronics, jewelry, guns, and money in a hurry then split. Just my 2 cents.

lock..

good point coin chaser. I'm thinking more on terms of young Children. We have kids here quite often. The area is off limits but.. You know kids. I think I might just add a cabinet lock like on file cabinet. Not real strong but good enough to maybe stop the curious ones. I'll try to get a pic.

If you're just looking to black out the glass so it's difficult to see inside try some automotive window tint on the inside of the glass. Limo tint makes the glass near impossible to see into, and if you decide to go back to the clear look you just peel it back off.

Back
Top Bottom