Fisher F5

silvercoin86

I figured i would start a forum for the Fisher F5 detector! For F5 only please...
My Fisher F5 is getting sent out tommorow! I'm stoked :D vanstheman is a great guy to do buisness with. Great communication and reasonable! Now all we need in wisconsin is the snow to melt and spring to arrive. I would love to hear from F5 users about there set up's, finds, and depth. feel free to get this thread going!

thanks, john

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!o8FEK!eTQOFBROkBwTMog~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!o8FEK!eTQOFBROkBwTMog~~60_57.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 4,016
hey f5 user here,its a great machine on coins and jewlery,i been learning it since christmas,i bought it use on craigslist for 200$ the guy only used it once,i got a great deal.what you want to know about the f5,ask any question i will try to ask,i bought rechargable batteries they can run about 30-40 hours before recharge,also youy need to use a garrett pro pointer great to recover targets quick and get to the next.talk to you later

The General joins you as an F5 user.:detector:
Very impressed with this detector. Hit a 925 Silver ring last week.
Am stoked about hunting an 1873 Victorian Mansion later this week that used to be a brothel. Will advise how hunt goes on this thread.

Good stuff! Hey guys can you tell me what coils are compatible with the f5? List all of em please... thanks, john

Well, mine came with the 10" Eliptical.
You can also get the 5"DD, the 5" Search, the 8" Search, 10" Search, and the big daddy, the 11" DD. Make sure you get the right connector when you order. Screw or Push type are the two available.:detector:

As an F2 owner and always interested in moving to/upgrading machines. What does the F5 provide that the F2 does not? I've read the differences on the web but do you think it is really worth the extra $$?

Well, it was for me. I have owned several F'2s and have sang its praises for a long time. It is an oustanding detector! However, the F5 is better. At least it is for me. Several reasons why. The PP is deadly accurate. Yes, better than the F2. Has a Target Confidence window that goes from 1 bar to 5 bars. Higher the reading, the better chance that the target is indeed what the detector says it is. Nice big display screen. Phase Lock which helps a bunch in ground setting. Has a Gain switch where you can turn it up for faint signals. I use this all the time. Has 3 different frequencys you can use to help offset interference. Guess the control panel and knobs are what sold me. Very well laid out and soooo easy to adjust. Even has a Bar Graph that can tell you ground mineralization.:shock:
Lot more to it, but hopefully this will help.:yes:

What settings or set up for coin shooting do you guys perfer? Gain, threshold, ect. But without losing any depth.how deep have u found coins at with the f5? I heard that the more discrimination you have the more depth you loose? Is that true fellow fisher f5 users? And thank you all for all the great info you guys have been puttimg up on the new f5 thread! Keep it up:grin:

What settings or set up for coin shooting do you guys perfer? Gain, threshold, ect. But without losing any depth.how deep have u found coins at with the f5? I heard that the more discrimination you have the more depth you loose? Is that true fellow fisher f5 users? And thank you all for all the great info you guys have been puttimg up on the new f5 thread! Keep it up:grin:

for coins for me, in my dirt i use 99 gain and threshhold to about 0 and use 3 third tone and my disc. i put to 18 just in case i get a solid signal that may be a small gold object,but mostly i go hot all the way on gain and thresh if there is no chatter and put my disc all the way down but not on all metal so i dont get the small beebee's and such maybe i put the disc on 5-10 any thing else you need

for coins for me, in my dirt i use 99 gain and threshhold to about 0 and use 3 third tone and my disc. i put to 18 just in case i get a solid signal that may be a small gold object,but mostly i go hot all the way on gain and thresh if there is no chatter and put my disc all the way down but not on all metal so i dont get the small beebee's and such maybe i put the disc on 5-10 any thing else you need

this old bottle i found tonight came up on zinc penny at about 5 inches because of the bottle cap on it i almost didnt dig it cause it was in a bunch of roots these are the things i found tonight at a park in about 2.5 hours
button came up a 31
flag thing came up a 55
little kids necklase came up a 30
the hotweels came up a surface find lol

Attachments

• 315.jpg
    315.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 3,821
  • 312.jpg
    312.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 3,723
  • 313.jpg
    313.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 3,807
  • 314.jpg
    314.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3,751
Nice button! Is a war uniform button? Can't tell by pic.. yes potato head, you haven't found any silver yet? Is it because of the f5 depth not getting down to the deep silver? Or is it where you are detecting? I would think that the f5 would find silver and should have the depth to get down to the silver! I would think that you just have to swing your coil over it. I would slow down a bit and overlap swings as much as possible. Being in washington with all the rain you get maybe the silver is deeper than most dryer climates? I would find a plat book at your city librairy and find the older homes and parks! Then I'm sure that you will find your fiirst silver and then you have an idea of the depth of it and the deep weaker signals to be looking for! Good luck with getting your fist silver coin.:grin:

Not a F5 specific reply...

Here's what I have found in using at least 10 different MDs. Do not get to hung up on Depth my deepest Merc was at 6 to 7 inches (and it was in a recently leveled Park that had been filled in not dozed off)! Very few of my Non Clads and good finds have been even 6 inches deep. I have dug lipstick tubes at 12 or more inches and many Clads and Zincolns as well as very old headstamps at 9 to 10 inches, so I'm getting the depth but the good targets aren't the deep ones!!! So my point is worry about accuracy and knowing what your F5 is telling you and I think you will do much better than worrying about your depth, which the F5 isn't lacking in anyway.... GL & HH......Pat

accuracy

Good advice pat! Thanks for the pointer. So another words what you are saying is that the f5 has plenty of depth to get to the silver and to be accurate. Pat what do you mean by accuracy??? Can you be more clear about accuracy? Thanks john

My F5 arrives today from Bart. Hoping I made the right decision. I got decades of joy from my 1265x. Sure I'll have loads of questions.

My F5 did arrive today. Put it together and went through the manual and almost dark took it for a quick test hunt. Course I need to learn how to properly tune it, but was happy I dug a silver dime at 7 inches. I was hunting the river bank and got quite a few wierd hits, which I figured was junk, which it was. Now to youtube to find more videos on how to tune the thing.

Back
Top Bottom