Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 04-10-2019, 09:49 AM

Default Leg-mount PP&knife sheath?

Has anyone got or made a holder for the pinpointer and soil knife that is mounted to the leg above the knee?

Maybe it's been thought of and tried and it just doesn't work. I thought it might be the most accessible way if your a person that gets on one or both knees when working a fine that isn't a find.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Supporter

Default leg mount

Originally Posted by k2gleaner View post
Has anyone got or made a holder for the pinpointer and soil knife that is mounted to the leg above the knee?

Maybe it's been thought of and tried and it just doesn't work. I thought it might be the most accessible way if your a person that gets on one or both knees when working a fine that isn't a find.

interesting idea

Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by k2gleaner View post

The one below doesn't have a digging tool sheath, but I'm sure you put the sheath you already have on the leg strap too...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drop-Leg-Po....c100935.m2460

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Old 05-03-2019, 11:14 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by orangemetalman View post
The one below doesn't have a digging tool sheath, but I'm sure you put the sheath you already have on the leg strap too...

I just got one of these. Nice having pinpointer lower on the leg I kneel down on. A lot better than when it was high on my belt. It also seems well made.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Old 05-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Supporter

Default looks interesting

Originally Posted by HDMontana View post
I just got one of these. Nice having pinpointer lower on the leg I kneel down on. A lot better than when it was high on my belt. It also seems well made.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
might have to give that a try like the idea of having the pinpointer low and handy like that. Have it on the belt now but really don't like it there .

Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future.

Old 05-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by orangemetalman View post

I also have one of these, I've noticed the pinpointer hole is a bit large, meaning the pinpointer can almost fall right through the hole. I bought it anyway because that is an easy fix. The pocket to the right with the shryx logo on it is almost perfect for a cell phone. Haven't used it in the field yet, but just giving my 2 cents. I definitely think it is worth the price. GL and HH!

☆Oldest Coin FTY:1723 Woods Hibernia☆

Last edited by cellrdwellr; 05-05-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Old 05-05-2019, 05:16 PM
Supporter

Thumbs up good information

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
I also have one of these, I've noticed the pinpointer hole is a bit large, meaning the pinpointer can almost fall right through the hole. I bought it anyway because that is an easy fix. The pocket to the right with the shryx logo on it is almost perfect for a cell phone. Haven't used it in the field yet, but just giving my 2 cents. I definitely think it is worth the price. GL and HH!
If that pocket will hold my cell phone that would solve 2 problems always afraid I will loose my phone of the belt.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Elite Member

Oddly enough, I carry a little 'fanny pack' kind of pouch for the finds, but carry my shovel and pointer in one hand while swinging with the other.. I find it less cumbersome and quicker to work with than trying to pull it out of a belt holder and trying to get it back in, full of mud in most cases.. Light shovel and ultra light PP, not hard to carry.. probably balances me out when swinging so that I don't topple over?

Then again, we all do what we're most comfortable with..

Old 05-08-2019, 08:59 AM
Supporter

Thumbs up leg mounted holder.

Just ordered one off Amazon for $12.99 with free shipping cheaper that listed on EBAY , looking forward to trying it out . Shipping from Hong Kong so will take a couple weeks to get here. A video ad that shows the product for any one interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfl_PFE5n3A

Last edited by davidlhyde63366; 05-08-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:30 PM
Supporter

Thumbs up Just recieved mine in mail

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
Just ordered one off Amazon for $12.99 with free shipping cheaper that listed on EBAY , looking forward to trying it out . Shipping from Hong Kong so will take a couple weeks to get here. A video ad that shows the product for any one interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfl_PFE5n3A
Just got mine in mail today took a while came from Hong Kong , think I will like it and my cell phone fits the pouch. Seems pretty well made and a decent price.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:50 PM
Elite Member

Nice. Mine is holding up well.

HD

Old 06-24-2019, 04:15 PM
Supporter

Thumbs up leg pouch holder

Originally Posted by HDMontana View post
Nice. Mine is holding up well.

HD
I have got to use mine about 4 times now really like it , wish I had got one years ago.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:51 PM
Elite Member

It's a little more awkward when I wear shorts. I have to occasionally pull down my shorts leg that gets pulled up above bottom strap.

HD

Old 06-24-2019, 09:27 PM

I didn't run through all the posts above, but if no one suggested it....look for a "molle drop leg" rig on Amazon or any tactical site. You could attach your individual holsters to the loops and run it off your belt.

Condor MA1 Tactical MOLLE Drop Leg Platform - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0082CWBCI..._HGxeDbHD7YH2Z

Old 06-25-2019, 09:18 AM
Elite Member

Here's one from DeepTech.

http://deeptech-bg.com/findsgeneral-...nvas-thigh-bag

Forgot to mention that it appears to be military grade heavy canvas type material...

Last edited by TexHunter; 06-25-2019 at 12:10 PM.