Dirtchurch...tenacity equals Sunday silver

Captain Silver

Elite Member
I used to attend Dirtchurch religiously, go out for a Sunday morning dig almost every week...but this was my first Dirtchurch hunt for 2018. Rain was forecast so I removed the probe from the Ex II but retained the 6x8 coil... and used the orange Garrett instead...which I hate. Of course it never rained:lol: Anyhow, I went over to one of the parks and began harvesting wheats right off...some came 2 or 3 at a time in spills...ended up with 13 and the usual trash, plus a little extra trash...you know, hoping to score gold:laughing: and 56 cents in clad. The clad quarter got my attention...this place has been worked over by everyone so usually all that's found is deep or masked pennies and dimes, be nice to find a silver quarter...about 5 minutes later, 2 hours into the hunt, I heard then circled this 7" deep or so target again and again...hmmm, couple or 3 coins here and one is silver:yes: Tone pitch and the cursor trying to hide...the 13th wheat was first out, then this...and how about that, it ain't a dime either:cool: Thank you and I'll be going home now:D Everything... kinda like eating a Oreo, cookie first... then the filling...silver #8 Little SEF coil can stand the sensitivity jacked to 28-29 in manual on the Explorer and it'll reach 8" at least...I may leave it on this machine for a while:yes: That's all for this outing so thanks for looking and see you after the next...Happy Hunting!

Congrats on the silver!! Must be a big park to pull that many wheats out of a hammered park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the dirt church silver. Was actually thinking of calling you to see if you wanted to go out but it was pouring up by me so figured same by you and ended up staying inside all day :(

Nice hunting Bruce, yesterday was a wash out up here basically... Stopped raining around 11 pm....congrats on the silver and the rest!

Back
Top Bottom