New Minelab Equinox

1 out of how many shipped

1 Lemon, isn't bad, never got a lemon before, guess it happen's , at least ML is sending him another wright out . I would bet it was a bad coil. I did get a bad Coiltek coil not to long ago.

Getting edgy here, but I'm glad to see info getting out. Tn. I saw on another forum concern for a USB connection. Can you confirm that there is a USB port on the control head. Thanks Mark

No USB port on control pod I can see.
Basically coil connection, charge cable connection, and head phone connection.

I took this pic earlier this week. You can see all 3 things I listed. This is waterproof rated, consult instruction manual for exact specifications.
27zbyvl.jpg

Wireless headphone pic. Not waterproof rated. Notice the little port on rifhr side- charging cable port.
Little hole on left is where you can hardware the wireless phones. 3 buttons on left are your controls- on/off, volume adjustment, center button used for pairing as well.
ruxu9y.jpg

Headphone module pic. Note protective cap for headphone plug in place. Not waterproof rated
t0qftg.jpg

Pic of reverse. Note clip for securing to your person. Note charging cable connection. Btw use of this device on paper is faster than using wireless headphones.
24eb4f9.jpg

Last pic. Module turned up on side, headphone receptacle protective plug removed. Looking in the receptacle looks a lot like looking into headphone receptacle on Equinox control head.
33my8bd.jpg

Last edited:
Tn. Thanks, the manual clearly states updates via USB port. Huh? Must be internal, maybe they could not maintain the integrity of waterproof. In any event we will have to send unit back for updates. Not good. I think people were under the impression that for updates they would merely plug into their computer like the E-trac or CTX. I do remember seeing a USB port on pics of the prototypes. Take care, Mark

Tn. Thanks, the manual clearly states updates via USB port. Huh? Must be internal, maybe they could not maintain the integrity of waterproof. In any event we will have to send unit back for updates. Not good. I think people were under the impression that for updates they would merely plug into their computer like the E-trac or CTX. I do remember seeing a USB port on pics of the prototypes. Take care, Mark

I honestly can't comment one way or the other on this issue. Right now anyway.

I would think the magnetic tip functions just like a regular usb. notice there are 4 brass pins on the unit. each pin has a function of positive, ground, read, write..

https://turbofuture.com/computers/Color-Coded-Wire-inside-the-USB

Everybody take a chill pill....:laughing::laughing:

choppadude,

Found this test done with two nails above a dime. At least one nail parallel near the end, even directly over it, it looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7neRRXPb4k4

That is a good video.
Shows clues of what Equinox can do.
Remember factory programs, some performance gains may can be gotten - by small disc adjustments, depending on site detected ( size of nails.). And notice the coil height where detector was sounding off.

I haven't, but what I remember of mine when I used and tested before selling.
Not even in the same league. (Separating and unmasking)

interesting, can you elaborate a little more on this. Do you mean the stability of the readings on the ctx vs equinox? was this on coin objects or relics?

sorry for a ton of questions I just wanted to get a feel to see if i was missing much with fbs2 vs multi iq

interesting, can you elaborate a little more on this. Do you mean the stability of the readings on the ctx vs equinox? was this on coin objects or relics?

sorry for a ton of questions I just wanted to get a feel to see if i was missing much with fbs2 vs multi iq

Certain tests set up, Equinox passes. Same test CTX fails. Some of the test Equinox passes with flying colors,,some it passes but barely.
When you think Equinox as far as unmasking and separation think Deus with 11" LF coil not CTX with stock coil.
This is as simple as I can put.
And me relating to Xp Deus here doesn't mean (Equinox and Deus) they are equals in all aspects.

Here is a vid by trusted source
Wonder how Equinox would fair if used?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwqHyUSUI8

choppadude,

Found this test done with two nails above a dime. At least one nail parallel near the end, even directly over it, it looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7neRRXPb4k4

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. Many units will hit a coin between 2 nails laying upright and swinging the coil perpendicular to the nails BUT when you run parallel to the nails is where many falter.
My interest grows.

Thanks again for the video.

First hunt actual report

Hi Guys, Well I went for a actual hunt today with the Nox. First one

Many may remember a thread someone posted here or on another forum asking if you had a spot picked out you were going to take your Equinox to once you get it. I commented on how I wanted to go to a Old Hospital area I have pounded with my Etrac stock coil and sef 15x12, Ctx stock, and Deus with HF 9" coil. I have found a couple barbers and many old wheats as well as a few buffalos.. I honestly didn't have high hopes to find any thing else really because I have really hunted this little 70'x25' grass section to where I have not been getting any signals at all. It is a Typical hot soil area for my area and depth is what I was hoping I would get with the nox.

Well I got a few more targets out of there today. A 1906 V nickel(believe it or not my first one) A 1915 wheat, a suspender clip and a silver rosie.

The funny thing was I was not getting these coins deeper than what I had found the coins previously, But more that they were around iron and the Rosie was vertical with a nail in the hole. I know I walked over the V nickel multiple times as it was about 3' away from where I found one of the barbers previously. I always really pound the area slowly directly around where I find other good coins..

So far I am pleasantly surprised. The Equinox is a much sparkier machine compared to the Etrac and CTX but it is indeed much more accurate with ID than the Deus. It for me looks like it may be bridging the Gap between the deus and CTX..

Another big thing for me is accurate ID in conjunction with the tones. I hunt a lot of places that have old and new targets at different depths so being able to dependably/accurately cherry pick is something very important to me. My absolute biggest complaint with all the single frequency machines is in My Super crappy soil they all go high on the tone and ID and not that deep of depths. So I find Myself getting Clean high tones with the deus that turn out to be a freaking squaretab all the time(Gigmasters video was doing the same thing above with his gold nugget ringing in with a high tone and VDI in the 90's). You never have this issue with the CTX or Etrac but I know they let good targets get masked a little easier than I would like in the trashy spots.

Another thing I really love so far is how you can adjust the different tones volume individually. This will be great for Cherry picking if you desire, I turned the volume way down on everything but my high tone area.

Another big plus is being able to adjust where the tone break is. So I bumped up my High tone to 22 and above. Every zinc I found was coming in at 21 so this is pretty cool.

Still early for sure on the verdict for the Equinox but I am getting a feeling I will like this machine. More to come :)

Attachments

• V nic small.jpg
    V nic small.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 284
  • equinox small.jpg
    equinox small.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 298
Thanks for sharing. Good feedback. Nice finds too. That stock coil on Equinox might be a bridge between CTX stock coil and the smaller 6" coil too.

One group of test I will try to do and post in my thread.

Different size pieces of can slaw buried at different depths like 2-7" deep.
See how Deus and Equinox ID. Which detector tends to fool user moreso basically with no ID or high ID like coin and give high tone to boot.

Back
Top Bottom