Prizm 3

kilobit

I just got my first detector (prizm3) and i am already having second thoughts about it. For instance, if i throw a quarter on the ground and go over it, sometimes it beeps twice when i go over it and sometimes just once.. sometimes not at all. I figure once the detector goes over it with one side of the coil it beeps and then the other side it beeps again but doesnt always work like this. Worse than that if i go over it twice really fast after it beeps, it might not beep again until maybe the computer "catches up", i just dont understand. However, if i use pinpoint mode i can hear an analog tone when i go over it no matter how i fast i do it. Its almost like the computer is really slow inside the unit, but when i use the pinpoint mode it turns it into an old radio shack detector and it will go off on anything. (hehe) i hope you can understand what im saying but is this me or my detector. I personally would prefer and gradual noise that i could hear and learn the sound of instead of a solid beep. Maybe i just need a better unit.
Thanks

I would suggest re-reading the manual included with your new detector. It is full of useful information. You purchased a fine unit that should give you no problems
once the learning curve is up to speed.

Well that makes me feel somewhat better except i bought mine second hand and it has no manual. I will look at whites. Also should i changeout the coil for my area? thanks

davyo

Hi i have a prizm 5 , allways works well ,i dont blank out anything , all metal,when it says quarter its right on , i know the 5 is more advanced , but easy to learn i thought , pinpoint in the center of coil . repeatable signal, . call white's , ive dealt with them and they are very good .:yes:

I know I love my Prizm III. I've had it several years now, and have found many wonderful things. The one problem I found was that it has slow recovery, i.e. when I went to the FMDAC Convention last fall and we had 4 seeded hunts, I was unable to target, pinpoint, and get as many coins as a lot of folks, such as the Tesoro hunters because of that. Otherwise, it pinpoints right on target. It's just not one that you can swing quickly. As White's says...Low and Slow. Touch the ground with it (you would do well to order a coil cover for it), and go slowly across your body. Then sweep back the other direction and overlap slightly. This way you are likely not to miss much. Good luck.

Trudy
Prizm 3
XLT
Bullseye II Pinpointer
Lesche Digger

Well, its the slow recovery that i cant really stand, guess i will have to get used to it. It weird because when i push the pinpoint button there is no recovery rate, its just instant.

Sorry to hear of your continued difficulty! I have used my unit for better than six months and have never experienced the conditions you described. I use my
Prizm 100% of the time at the beach with excellent results. Don't give up to frustration. Download the manual as suggested in a previous post.

Back
Top Bottom