coil cable issue?

cobb05

My whites M6 coil cable has begun to give me some issues. if the cable gets touched it causes it to false or give off the overload sound. I can jiggle around on the connection (on the box of the detector) and can get it to calm down but if my hip hits the cable at all it can set it off again to where i have to really play with the cable and bend it around to get the crazy overload sound to stop. The detector seems to work when I can get it to stop. Is it my coil? Possibly my connection at the box? What do you guys think?

Sounds like the connection at the box. Does the port where the cable plugs in seem to move around in the box without the cable plugged into it?

well there isn't much play where connects. I have it nice and tight so it really doesn't wiggle. However if i do make it move some the detector screams like a wa,wa,wa,wa,wa,wa type sound it won't stop until i find the magic way to bend the coil near where it comes out of the box.

well there isn't much play where connects. I have it nice and tight so it really doesn't wiggle. However if i do make it move some the detector screams like a wa,wa,wa,wa,wa,wa type sound it won't stop until i find the magic way to bend the coil near where it comes out of the box.

Pretty good chance one or more of the pins on either the coil cable or the connector at the box has a bad solder or wire. If anyone is in your area, or a whites dealer, you could try another coil on the machine to see which end is causing the issue. If you try another coil and everything is cool, it's the connector on the coil wire. If you try another coil and get the same result, it's the connector on the box. I you're adept at electronic repair and the like you can probably fix or replace the offending plug. If not, I'd send it to Whites for repair. Their customer service and repair programs are top notch and reasonable on price. Good luck and HH!

Back
Top Bottom