V4 Update Issues on certain machines

jadocs

Forum Supporter
Background:

1. I have two Deus's. The first is about 8 months old and the other is about a year older than that.

2. Both remotes are the "new" style with the clip on bottom.

3. Software update was done on a clean laptop (first time xp update was installed on it).

Situation:

My first Deus updated to v4 just fine. No issues.

My second Deus (older one) displayed some major bugs after the update to v4. After reverting back to v3.2 it is back to normal.

Bugs exhibited on my older machine:

When you try and modify some parameters in expert settings, it won't let you:

1. Menu-Disc-expert-expert = Freeze. (ie you can't get out and return to menu). You have to turn off the remote and turn it back on.

2. Will not allow a frequency shift and will also not allow you to return to menu.

3. Notch-Expert = Freeze, will not allow adjustments or a return to menu.

I reinstalled 3.2 on it and all seems to be well again. As mentioned, my second Deus is one year older than my other unit. I can only speculate that it might have something to do with the age of the remote.

I've been seeing quite a few people having this problem. I just checked mine and it seems to be ok. I bought it new in Nov. 2015.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Yeah it seems to be a widespread problem. I'd be curious to know if any new machines display these issues. That would answer the hardware question on older machines.

This from XP:

V4 update latest news !!!
The earlier problem has now been resolved and you are free to update to version 4.
Thanks for your patience.
Gary Blackwell

This from XP:

V4 update latest news !!!
The earlier problem has now been resolved and you are free to update to version 4.
Thanks for your patience.
Gary Blackwell

Wait which problem? Is it in reference to what we have been talking about?

The updated V4 was put back on their website for download about half an hour ago. Pretty quick, I must say.

I just finished trying again. I just ran the old installer and it updated no problem. All glitches fixed. I also went ahead and re-updated my working machine. My reasoning is a glitch or error in code was fixed so it stood to reason that the working machine should be updated again as well.

Both machines now running v4 flawlessly.

Right on! They probably just put a 6.4 in a line of code instead of a -6.4. Those pesky negatives...

Good to see they fixed the official. Beta didnt have that obvious of issues.

Yeah the issue apparently was only with the final release. Some people were actually using the beta as a workaround because it worked.

Right on! They probably just put a 6.4 in a line of code instead of a -6.4. Those pesky negatives...

Yeah it was a lot more than the disc mistake on program 9.

I updated yesterday about 9am , i don't have the 6.4 instead of -6.4 issue or any of the other issues I've seen listed. I got my update from the UK site not that it probably makes a difference.

The only thing I've noticed is I think the coil charge doesn't seem to last as long as it use to. It's not dead it's just down 1 bar and normally wouldn't be in 3.2 given the limited amount of time I used it.

Like you my newer machine took the update just fine, but since a glitch or code was corrected I went ahead and re-updated it. You never know what kind of secondary effects faulty code can have. If it were me I would update your machine again using the latest update and see if your battery drainage issue resolves itself.

Like you my newer machine took the update just fine, but since a glitch or code was corrected I went ahead and re-updated it. You never know what kind of secondary effects faulty code can have. If it were me I would update your machine again using the latest update and see if your battery drainage issue resolves itself.

I'm thinking about winding back to 3.2 for about 6 months til the dust settles.

Has anyone else noticed Coil battery draining faster with V4 , I could be imagining it.

Last edited:
It may be the settings depending on what program you're running.

I'm thinking about winding back to 3.2 for about 6 months til the dust settles.

Has anyone else noticed Coil battery draining faster with V4 , I could be imagining it.

You use deep program it probably will,,,Tx power at level 3.

I see no differences.
I watched my .9" coil today,,the icon,,it stayed full up and I used a bunch,,18kh though,,tx power 2.
My 9" coil is a war horse,,battery should be getting weak you would think,,but you know what they say,,if ain't it broke,,don't fix it.

Drain in standby mode though ? I used TX3 with my goto program I use 95% of the time in 3.2 and the battery lasted forever compared to whats going on, something is definitely going on with 4. Too many random things for me ..I'm out.

Drain in standby mode though ? I used TX3 with my goto program I use 95% of the time in 3.2 and the battery lasted forever compared to whats going on, something is definitely going on with 4. Too many random things for me ..I'm out.

Did you update today's fix or were you still running the one from the other day? Like I said I updated my newer machine even though it was working anyway due to the code fix and possible secondary effects I was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom