Equinox 800 civil war 3 ringer bullets target ID's and tones

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I am using the field 2 setting and my civil war bullets ring up 16-18. Unfortunately ring pulls and square tabs seem to love the 16 Target ID. I put down three civil war three ringers of 3 different caliber on a clear patch of ground. I then put in another clear patch some of my pull and square tabs. I cannot tell the difference by tone between the bullets and tabs or or even by target ID. They seem to me as identical. Maybe I am over looking some other 800 feature or something so simple.

Has any relic hunter with a 600 or 800 figured out this problem?

Also on my field 2 setting I am using custom breaks to give 16-19 a higher and louder tone since civil war bullets are the relics that I am mostly interested in. These break adjustments are just some of the features that prompted me to buy the 800.

Certainly seems like you need a machine with a bigger ID spread. I guess this question go's against the benefits of multi IQ, but does using single freq help?

single freq try

I tried it out and the 40 kHz give a 17 reading on the three ringer and 14-15 on the intact flat pull tab. This is exactly what I needed. I can set my user profile to 40 kHz and easily switch to it to check when I am hunting civil war bullets.

It seems I read that the CTX 3030 has a spread of 100 compared to Equinox 800 spred of 50. Now I get why people like the CTX 300 so much.

I do not have the problem of pulltabs at the Civil War site hunt. Anything with a high tone I dig it. If I had pulltabs I would use the AT Pro it knows the difference.:lol:

IF you are a relic/CW hunter you dig everything above iron or at least foil or you are missing buttons and a lot more good relics. WE dig a lot of trash to get the goods. Aluminum falls in the range of buttons, bullets and must be dug to get the good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom