3 Day Gold Streak! ***Clean Up Pics Page 3***

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Stumbled onto a great little spot Monday morning slightly after high tide. Targets started out a bit slow but as the tide lowered, the action picked up. Consistent clad hits, silver, and ridiculous amounts of old heavy fishing lead kept my hopes up high for gold. Had to make several trips to my car just to unload all the lead I was pulling out. After a while I started cherry picking mid-tones then bingo I hit an 8.4 gram 14k nugget ring. Soon after I hit a 4.5 gram 10k FG band. I was pretty charged up at this point and the tide was still going out. Kept hitting lots of mid-tones turning out to be nickels until eventually started pulling out some extremely crusty 10k gold. I'm still in the process of cleaning off the crust. definitely got my worked cut out on the restoration.

Came back the next day and met up with my friend Rich. We both hit the area pretty hard, after a while I started cherry picking mid tones again. I managed to pull out some good clad, lead, silver and 2 14k rings for a total of 5.2 grams. Diamonds on both rings test good and one stone looks to be opal. Also the wide silver crossover ring is hallmarked T&Co, so that's a nice added bonus!

Came back for a 3rd day, I was convinced there was still a little more gold left churning around. Targets were getting thin but still managed a little clad, 1 tiny eroded silver, and a crusty broken 10k ring. Rain starting coming down hard, so called it a wrap and bailed.

Thanks for looking, GL & HH! :cheers:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 688
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 693
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 675
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 671
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 684
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 668
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 679
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 666
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 658
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 675
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 690
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 643
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 661
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 670
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 713
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 667
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 645
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 670
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 684
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 650
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 662
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
Awesome finds! That type of day will be the one you always remember. It's a great haul. Hope you have many more. HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, look at all that lead! I am glad you found a ton of gold also! Great find!

:dingding::dingding: And that's how it's done folks! That's more lead than I'll get in a year.

Stumbled onto a great little spot Monday morning slightly after high tide. Targets started out a bit slow but as the tide lowered, the action picked up. Consistent clad hits, silver, and ridiculous amounts of old heavy fishing lead kept my hopes up high for gold. Had to make several trips to my car just to unload all the lead I was pulling out. After a while I started cherry picking mid-tones then bingo I hit an 8.4 gram 14k nugget ring. Soon after I hit a 4.5 gram 10k FG band. I was pretty charged up at this point and the tide was still going out. Kept hitting lots of mid-tones turning out to be nickels until eventually started pulling out some extremely crusty 10k gold. I'm still in the process of cleaning off the crust. definitely got my worked cut out on the restoration.

Came back the next day and met up with my friend Rich. We both hit the area pretty hard, after a while I started cherry picking mid tones again. I managed to pull out some good clad, lead, silver and 2 14k rings for a total of 5.2 grams. Diamonds on both rings test good and one stone looks to be opal. Also the wide silver crossover ring is hallmarked T&Co, so that's a nice added bonus!

Came back for a 3rd day, I was convinced there was still a little more gold left churning around. Targets were getting thin but still managed a little clad, 1 tiny eroded silver, and a crusty broken 10k ring. Rain starting coming down hard, so called it a wrap and bailed.

Thanks for looking, GL & HH! :cheers:

Look at all those targets! Great spot. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Awesome hunting Slim... maybe you can head to the east coast and salt Earls beaches with some of that :D

Those storms must be moving a lot of sand around :)

Back
Top Bottom