Time for Deus?

Dirt Clown

https://www.minelab.com/consumer/knowledge-base/history , holding two Australian made Excalibur's now, sold my Sword model ( they were made in 1993 by Gary Storm, now CEO of detector Pro- the 1st ones out. https://www.minelab.com/consumer/knowledge-base/history Minelab has had - several location's around world , Ireland , Australia, i believe now Malaysia, it's all good, the Deus French made it's all good, Racer's Turkey , most likely made for the soil over in the UK, but DC they might be making them here , as we got a new sheriff in town :lol: look the entire history, i am sure other's can add in, I have Excal blues from the 1990s, i had 2 green machines but got rid of them, prefer and like the blues better, Had a Gary Storm ( Sword ) model with the horseshoe coil, which Mine lab no longer will repair, i traded that in For a Surf pi Df, I didn't own any Explores as they started in 1999, as far as minelabs tree went to the etrac, 2008 they were made, sold that machine, bought another etrac, i missed it, starting in 1976 my 1st machine that i still have , and works , is a 1976 coin master, Oldest coin found by that machine was 1854 large cent, all the past finds prior 2010 i didn"t have a camera never took pick, found alot of 50s & 60s silver with that machine including my sisters girlfriends class gold ring in her back yard, i cut the slug, lifted the plug out , it was sitting 4 inches down on stuck to the bottom of the plug, flipped it over, her eyes 5 years after she lost it, got huge, after i flipped the plug over next to her chin , after the Whites i was a Fisher guy, minelab, back to Whites , Minelab, Currently own detectors from all 3 manufactures mentioned , 41 years of having fun, let's here your detecting history D C , i am sure it's going to be good , we would all like to here HOWBOUTIT :yes::yes::D

Attachments

• Cell Phone Picks 063.jpg
    Cell Phone Picks 063.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Tnss

I have another would you like to see the other one, or put on your glasses, you know, i need to put on a pair , after reading ton's of BOOK long post's that you make HOWBOUTIT :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: HERE- FOLLOW the red thumb down , can YOU SEE IT KNOW :roll::laughing: BY the way TNSS that Coin Master was used to the Max, it has a lot of ware, heavy hour's, hunted every chance i got, and never ever broke down, i kept it, has a cool AA battery tester on the rear door, that i test all my AA's, the young day's are gone bro., but sure had fun detecting, Earl

Attachments

• whites coinmaster.jpg
    whites coinmaster.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Cool beans Earl.

Never heard of following a red thumb,,,have heard of following the yellow brick road though.

Learn something every day..

Maybe a rental unit on our trip to Florida next month?
Good idea. Renting one if you can. One thing I am surprised we don't see here in USA.
In 2014-15, I ran adds offering rental of PI, BBS and FBS machines. Rental was $100 for 14 days and I even offered to ship the detectors at the rentee's expense. Only thing I ever got was complaints about the price and a few people that requested I come out and find their lost stuff, kind of like ringfinders. I was bummed, really thought more people would be interested in renting a GOOD machine for vacations & cruises. But nope.

:laughing: HERE- FOLLOW the red thumb down , can YOU SEE IT KNOW :roll::laughing: ..Earl
You crack me up bro! I saw the red thumb... I think the joke went over TN's head. :lol:

DaviDs

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:, He's a good guy, we had some battle's in the past, but now he know's what button's not to push, he is very knowledgeable at electronic's, but in my opinion for Folk's :lol:- to comprehend , 2 thing's, he need's to simplify & shorten his book long post's, some of which i think are saved in an album, and he paste's them in a post, because i just can't see anyone typing that much confusing information every time, Enjoy the weather down their bro., it's 32 degree's here wright now, Turkey Scratch tried to get me out hunting today but i declined as 37 degree's, is uncomfortable for me , i like at least 45 degree temps, happy hunting, Earl PS TNSS Yes i had a girlfriend named Dorthy, i followed the yellow brick road , all the time HOWBOUTIT :p:laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:, He's a good guy, we had some battle's in the past, but now he know's what button's not to push, he is very knowledgeable at electronic's, but in my opinion for Folk's :lol:- to comprehend , 2 thing's, he need's to simplify & shorten his book long post's, some of which i think are saved in an album, and he paste's them in a post, because i just can't see anyone typing that much confusing information every time, Enjoy the weather down their bro., it's 32 degree's here wright now, Turkey Scratch tried to get me out hunting today but i declined as 37 degree's, is uncomfortable for me , i like at least 45 degree temps, happy hunting, Earl PS TNSS Yes i had a girlfriend named Dorthy, i followed the yellow brick road , all the time HOWBOUTIT :p:laughing:

Posts are not saved,,,are typed.

Sorry to confuse you Earl.

I have been getting some great feedback from folks here and other places.

Maybe if you had a Deus,,,your comprehension level would be increased or improved.
No joke,,,here,,,I can see how some of the jargon could be harder to understand.

I don't think any owners of Deus here are having a hard time understanding.

Maybe down

The road, i was checking them out, but honestly i am a coin hunter, beach hunter, were i am moving Dave, 10 miles from the Atlantic coast, i will enjoy the best of two world's, but i was checking out the history, and noticed all around, there is Civil War history also their, so maybe down the road, as i don't rule out any detector's, went from 11 to 7 not counting my Coin Master, I slimmed my line up down for a reason, and picked up 2 CTX3030's because i will be using them on the low tide line's , and land hunting, i am moving from a area 130 miles from the beach, you need permit's to hunt parks in the city, most park's you can't hunt here, not much old history here, the detecting s-----, i have to fix this house up to sell, and moving thing's down to boot, the good hunting is coming soon, you will see plenty post's on the beach & coin starting May, happy hunting Earl

The road, i was checking them out, but honestly i am a coin hunter, beach hunter, were i am moving Dave, 10 miles from the Atlantic coast, i will enjoy the best of two world's, but i was checking out the history, and noticed all around, there is Civil War history also their, so maybe down the road, as i don't rule out any detector's, went from 11 to 7 not counting my Coin Master, I slimmed my line up down for a reason, and picked up 2 CTX3030's because i will be using them on the low tide line's , and land hunting, i am moving from a area 130 miles from the beach, you need permit's to hunt parks in the city, most park's you can't hunt here, not much old history here, the detecting s-----, i have to fix this house up to sell, and moving thing's down to boot, the good hunting is coming soon, you will see plenty post's on the beach & coin starting May, happy hunting Earl

I hope your new area lifts your spirits detecting wise.

I have seen some other folks recently commenting on being bummed out- lack of sites.

The beach is a place where at least finds can be regenerated,,,wish you luck.

Yes,,CW relics,,,them too.

In 2014-15, I ran adds offering rental of PI, BBS and FBS machines. Rental was $100 for 14 days and I even offered to ship the detectors at the rentee's expense. Only thing I ever got was complaints about the price and a few people that requested I come out and find their lost stuff, kind of like ringfinders. I was bummed, really thought more people would be interested in renting a GOOD machine for vacations & cruises. But nope.

I tell you what - I am coming to Naples in April and I would gladly give you some cash to borrow your Deus for a few days...

I always see folks posting that they have two (and sometimes more) of one particular model of detector. Being fairly new to md'ing, I gotta ask why would you need two of the exact same models? Would it be having different size coils on each so you don't have to exchange coils on just one?

I always see folks posting that they have two (and sometimes more) of one particular model of detector. Being fairly new to md'ing, I gotta ask why would you need two of the exact same models? Would it be having different size coils on each so you don't have to exchange coils on just one?

Some folks,,,don't like to change coils,,rather change detectors.
Does offer back up detector capability.

One problem here though,,a person could experience.

Very possible for 2 like detectors to perform somewhat (although) slightly different.

Minelabs overall,,,,,they seem to be closer in performance than some other brands.

NC Toad

I am moving to the beach, i will use 1 for land with the 11, and the other with the 17 for water, as far as switching coils i will, and bought two extra lower rods, one for the 17 and one for the 6, as far as the Excalibur Blue's - the coils are hardwired , i have a 10-, BBS on one, and a 8- BBS inch coil on the other, the answer is you really don't need two of everything, it's personal preference, in my case it will be nicer to not have to chance the coil back & forth from beach 17 coil, to land 11, now i might pick up another 17 if someone has a deal on one, but not really needed , one last reason, i got a good trade plus cash on the 2016 model, and a strait up trade on the new, with Extra's, couldn't turn it down the deal, with 2 - CTX3030s for only 1 k - cash out of pocket with all the extra coils and 2-lower rod's, and 2 sets of waterproof Gray ghost phone's moving to the beach ,I dropped- 6 land machines with extras in the deal, i will be happier with semi waterproof now Upgraded, and water proof, the only machines that can't get wet now are the F75se & GT, happy hunting, Earl

Last edited:
The AT Pro is a simple and effective machine, stick a large NEL on it and wow. Forget any other cheaper Garrett and start with the ATP. The Deus is just a superior detector once you understand the settings, and that took me a couple seasons and attending Andy's bootcamp to fully dial in. But I enjoyed that learning curve it kept my interest. Yes the CTX3030 and Etrac ID better at depth, but I don't like the weight or the drunken flute sound.

Back
Top Bottom