"Does Your Detector have a Personal Name?"

Battlecry4

Forum Supporter
When I first starting detecting 20 years ago I was always advised to keep the coil as close to the ground as possible! In other words swing low! Hence my detector is named "Sweet Chariot!" after the line in that well known song. Have you given your detector a nickname?:giggle::sweet:

Last edited:
In 30 years I have never named one of my detectors, although I probably should since I am constantly saying how much I either love or hate it. You would think I was married to it, and it doesn't even have a name.

You mean like in the Marines?

This is my e-trac. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My e-trac is my best friend. It is my life. I must master the coin mode as I master my life. My digging tool, without me, is useless. Without my digging tool, I am useless.

I must swing my coil true. I must sweep straighter than any other detectorist who is trying to outdo me. I must find silver before he finds silver. I will keep my pinpointer clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed. My e-trac and myself are the defenders of parks. We are the masters of lesser brands. We are the saviors of old coinage. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace.

Not any of my MD's but....

I have named one of my scoops. Because of all the nuts, bolts, and metal straps I used to straighten and stiffen it, my shorty scoop is called "Frankie" - short for
:laughing: FRANKENSTEIN!!! :laughing:

428810_10152339824940635_53758678_n.jpg

65073_10152339826305635_1435878005_n.jpg

My is called she...she who must be obeyed....she gets a good scrubbing down, she gets whatever she wants and I carry here everywhere..ive taken her to more places in the last year then ive taken the wife...slipped out of the house with her and forgot to mention it to the wife.

I buy things for her in secret, look at her when I pass by and think of the happy times we go out and do stuff together in the woods...:laughing:

yes my at pro is simply called

SHE!

That's funny daddydigger! When you were offering your allegiance, I hope you were standing bolt upright, with your left hand on your heart and your e-trac over your shoulder?

I have decided to call my Etrac "killer" as in nail killer. Or SL for sweet liar. :lol:

G2M

You mean like in the Marines?

This is my e-trac. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My e-trac is my best friend. It is my life. I must master the coin mode as I master my life. My digging tool, without me, is useless. Without my digging tool, I am useless.

I must swing my coil true. I must sweep straighter than any other detectorist who is trying to outdo me. I must find silver before he finds silver. I will keep my pinpointer clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed. My e-trac and myself are the defenders of parks. We are the masters of lesser brands. We are the saviors of old coinage. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace.

Awesome! I love it!

Back
Top Bottom