Garrett GTI 2500 Treasure Hound-great "deal"..?

Pop-Top Pappy

http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/5095878672.html
The seller won't take less than $300 saying it's never been used and is a year old and comes with the 2 box setup. These seem to go for $1100+ new.
I'm in the market for my first detector and the one linked above is available in my area. I've researched it this morning and it gets mixed reviews with a lot of the positive reviewers claiming that the negative reviewers didn't learn the machine.
I was going to get a Tesoro Compadre and my budget is $200-$300 max but this one seems like it might be worth a shot. This Garrett would allow me to discriminate more comfortably and I'd also have the possibility to discover something deeper like a cache. I live in an old Victorian house that was owned by the landowner family in this area and who knows what might be under my yard.
I appreciate any input.

Is a antique any way, not many on here hunt with them, that is a good price for that machine, but they are not the best, Garretts main seller now is the ATpro , happy hunting Earl

If you are really considering it get the serial number and call Garrett to see if any warranty remaining.

http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/5095878672.html
The seller won't take less than $300 saying it's never been used and is a year old and comes with the 2 box setup. These seem to go for $1100+ new.
I'm in the market for my first detector and the one linked above is available in my area. I've researched it this morning and it gets mixed reviews with a lot of the positive reviewers claiming that the negative reviewers didn't learn the machine.
I was going to get a Tesoro Compadre and my budget is $200-$300 max but this one seems like it might be worth a shot. This Garrett would allow me to discriminate more comfortably and I'd also have the possibility to discover something deeper like a cache. I live in an old Victorian house that was owned by the landowner family in this area and who knows what might be under my yard.
I appreciate any input.

i think garrett put out the gti's thinking people would like the features..but i think most people could see through the "fluff' ...and they turned out to be a pretty big DUD! ibet most people who bought em were just starting out in the hobby and figured the "target imaging" gotta be the best right.....when in all reality if it was worth a fiddlers #@$#@...wouldnt all makers be pushing em!

Back
Top Bottom