"American Digger"

Nothing about American Diggers is good for us...

And they put a bad taste in my mouth... the whole show is BOGUS and it's going to ruin this great hobby if it continues. All the finds are staged and set up by the producers. Just like most reality shows they never show whats the behind scenes and you'd have to be a idiot to think this stuff is real, or I should say the stuff is real but the way they find it isn't.
And didn't some of the detecting forums post they were looking for real people like us to try out or audition a few months back ? Is ANYONE here or does ANYONE know or even heard of these guys ? They should dig a big hole and push him in it and cover it up so he won't be able to spew his BS ever again.
I think our best bet to SAVE OUR HOBBY is for ALL OF US to write to ALL THE MANUFACTURES to force them to add disclaimers to this show or have it removed and taken off the air. Or are they behind the BS too. IMHO~
Woodstock ~aka~ Jeff

It feels like we should sue them for attacking our hobby, they are disgusting and are as near metal detecting and archeology as a super tanker is to a row boat....and they cause as much damage as a gulf oil spill.

Its disgusting that they were allowed to make this show....its like calling a bunch of models whores....its a slap in the face of every person who goes out early morning and late night scanning field after field, studing history of any area, knocking door to door and intent on history and true interest in everything they find, wether its worth $1000 or 1 cent...this man is the bottom of the detecting barrel

worst show

this show gives such a bad name to the real everyday mders out there and noone has luck like that so many planted finds its insane the best is when they pulled up that junk under the asphalt in detroit and found the coin cache or the gun that was underground for years and the barrel still turned come on how dumb do they think we are maybe im just being to hard on them

yep i thought it was kind of a stupid show the other night. it seems like everything they find is gold and i know some of the stuff they found was in to bad of shape to be worth much.its made for the unknowingly.

It is scary to think what people who have never detected will think this is an accurate representation of our hobby. You can tell what real detectorists think about the show by reading these threads. Only watched one show and realized how phony it was. What really got me was hunting in the pouring rain with high end detectors without worrying about ruining them. So much for another "reality" show. I just hope the damage they do to our hobby is not permanent. We may joke about it, but not many of us dig using heavy equipment to recover our detecting finds.:yes:

Every week the day ends the same. They've hunted for hours and haven't found anything all day It's getting dark and they have to end soon. Wait, they've found something. BOOM Baby! Now to find a suspecting dealer that wants to buy their wares in perfect condition totally different than what it looks like when it was pulled from the ground. Now they may several thousand dollars. But wait, they don't show you what the next few days' worth of finds are or what they look like which made them 5 times more money.

Baloney.

I recently was at a park where someone must have got their digging know how from that show. They had used some kind of a hoe and hacked the ground throwing dirt everywhere and not refilling the hole. Needless to say they missed a lot of their targets. I tried refilling most of the holes but you can't do it with the dirt scattered the way it was. I only hope whoever it was loses interest in the hobby before he gets the parks closed to detecting.

Back
Top Bottom