Unknown Ford part

divdigger

Forum Supporter
My first find of 2017. It's stamped with the Ford logo but not sure what part it's from. I found it at a farm site dating back to the 1800s. Looks like it's made of brass and is about 2 inches long.

l2jgwj8u8jtoccd6afezbncds7ypadlm.jpg

i9buyw4hy96rocvobh5hpc5nmkoodktm.jpg

Last edited:
Valve stem cap........ is it the size of a bread box ?

Attachments

• 161111029_model-t-ford-antique-car-valve-stem-covers.jpg
    161111029_model-t-ford-antique-car-valve-stem-covers.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2,015
My guess is coil point for model t.

Attachments

• 1782l.jpg
    1782l.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 802
Allank, it's small--about the same length as a AA battery. (I should have included a quarter in the pic for reference.) I did find a brass piece last summer that looks like the valve stem caps in your picture. I'll have to go back and look.

I didn't see a picture , I still don't in your first post. I was guessing blindly

I was guessing also, I dont see a pic in first post.
Its amazing where you will find model t parts,like they worked on them everywhere.

I see you pics in first post now.
There were so many model t front end bushings found on supposed undisturbed civil war battle fields that they were identified in mckee and mason bullet book as artillery fuse adapters. I only figured out what they really are about 5 years ago.

Thanks!

I pulled one of these from my yard today, too. Right near the driveway. I instantly thought, hey I feel like I just saw this somewhere. This forum is so useful!

2017-01-22 13.31.50.jpg

2017-01-22 13.31.36.jpg

Back
Top Bottom