Short hunts

Semtav

Elite Member
Had time to sneak in a few short hunts this week. Went to visit my daughter. She was late getting off work, so I hit a part of the school she is teaching at. Came up with 3 clads and a first place math award. (she is the Math teacher) thought that was kinda funny.
Next night I decided to try the area by the library that used to be the school. Grass covered over old gravel playground. Found the silver ring beneath the layer of gravel in the dirt. (my deepest find to date and first silver ring. !!) ( it might be stainless tho ?? )
Lit at an old homestead the next day on my way back from a job and snooped around for a bit. Forgot my digger so I didn't get much accomplished, but did find the little bottle that's turning purple. Unfortunately it has a chip out of the mouth.
On my way home for the weekend, I stopped by an old Depot and found the wheat penny in about 15 seconds. spent another 15 minutes but never found anything else. Had to go but definitely going back to that spot.

Nice finds Brian! That ring sure looks silver, but look for the mark. Whats the date on the wheatie?

Nice ring. If it's silver it'll be hallmarked either with the .925 or sterling inscription inside the ring.

Thanks. I had to look really hard because it was so tiny, but it does have the word sterling on it. Being deep and having the silver coin luster, I thought it should be.

Nice finds Brian! That ring sure looks silver, but look for the mark. Whats the date on the wheatie?

Thanks. It was a 42.

Back
Top Bottom