My minelab powers off every time I put it down.

ETrac

Thanks for the tip and help I have no idea what's going on... I removed the coil when I got home and fired her up and she's running 100%, won't even turn off when I shake it, put it down , smash it lol there's no way the coil connection would have to do with it powering down right?

Cellrdwellr, Mine was doing the same thing, and I tried all the above suggestions. Then I set my ETrac down, the coil would flatten out, the ears are worn out, and then the machine would quit. I got a shoe lace and tied it to the front of the coil and the other end up the arm to the first connection. In other words, the shoe lace keeps the coil from going flat on the ground when I set it down (it stays at a near 90 degree angle and it has not turned off again. Crazy I know, but it works. Both ears on my coil broke, and I fixed em with fiberglass cloth and glue, but now it's worn so bad the coil flattens out when I set it down.
Hope this helps.
Harry

Cellrdwellr, Mine was doing the same thing, and I tried all the above suggestions. Then I set my ETrac down, the coil would flatten out, the ears are worn out, and then the machine would quit. I got a shoe lace and tied it to the front of the coil and the other end up the arm to the first connection. In other words, the shoe lace keeps the coil from going flat on the ground when I set it down (it stays at a near 90 degree angle and it has not turned off again. Crazy I know, but it works. Both ears on my coil broke, and I fixed em with fiberglass cloth and glue, but now it's worn so bad the coil flattens out when I set it down.
Hope this helps.
Harry
It's not crazy at all. Simply, your coil wire shorts out when it's stressed.

Back
Top Bottom