Simple & cheap leather sheath for True-Temper or Fisker digging tools.

boretti4blues

Elite Member
Hi All,
I broke my old nylon sheath today on a morning hunt, I busted the clip that is used to hold the sheath to my belt.:mad::mad::mad: I felt lost not having a sheath for the remainder of my hunt. I decided to take a trip to Sears with the family to see if they had anything I could use. I could not hunt another day with out a sheath. I ended up buying a Craftsman leather sheath used to hold pliers for $4.99. I said what the hell, $5 it's worth a shot. When I got home I tried both digging tools, my Fiskers and my True Temper...They both fit but the sheath was just a hair to shallow, I needed it to be a little bit deeper for them to rest in the cradle just right...A little handy work with the exacto knife and wah la!!! a match made in heaven:D I actually think I'm going to really like this one..My True-Temper kept on getting caught in the nylon one I had, it was annoying. This leather sheath works like a dream. I'm not sure how it will hold up over time, but for $5 bucks and a little handy work.......Well worth it!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 000_0194.jpg
    000_0194.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 979
  • 000_0196.jpg
    000_0196.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 918
  • 000_0197.jpg
    000_0197.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 935
  • Pliers holder.JPG
    Pliers holder.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 881
Thanks! I'm glad ou liked it.

Just make sure you have a new exacto blade when doing the mod. The leather can be tough to cut. I also rubbed some leather conditioner I had kicking around the house to protect the leather. The True-Temper fits just right. I also like the fact that the bottom is open, it allows the dirt that sticks to the digging tool to fall out instead of building up filling the sheath.

Excellent! Oil it up good, it will last longer and keep your tools from any rust. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks! I'm glad ou liked it.

Just make sure you have a new exacto blade when doing the mod. The leather can be tough to cut. I also rubbed some leather conditioner I had kicking around the house to protect the leather. The True-Temper fits just right. I also like the fact that the bottom is open, it allows the dirt that sticks to the digging tool to fall out instead of build up filling the sheath.

True but the hole in your leg may not like that long digger in the photo. :lol:

I may have to grab one of these. My current sheath isn't ragged out yet but the dirt filling the end drives me nuts!

Wow. Nice. Anyone know if a Lesche will fit that?... I am going to try to check it next time when I go to Sears.

Thanks for the tip, I picked up one for my Ames digger yesterday. All I did was to trim the end and it fits like a glove.

Joe

Thanks for the tip, I picked up one for my Ames digger yesterday. All I did was to trim the end and it fits like a glove.

Joe

Exactly...It works best with the Ames. I have been using mine everyday with my Ames True-Temper and it works really good. No snagging and no soil build up in the sheath. I'm glad you liked it...:grin:

Back
Top Bottom