APEX Takes On A New Shape (more hints)

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 627
Ok. I finally took your hint and clicked the link. Saw all the Garrett stuff and that they are basically shut down. That was 5 minutes I will never get back.Thanks. Now I'm going to stick my head in the toilet. WTH happened to these guys ? Back in the day , they used to be a premier metal detecting company.

I curious about the coil...

May 2 physical coil sizes in one frame?

A switch to choose between the large outer coil, and a smaller inner coil?

I’m exited to see what Garrett has in store for us with the new Apex. Thanks for the link John. Hope it can handle the salt and mineralized sand at the beach.

If you watch the whole video, at the end they show the silhouette of the apex. It looks VERY similar to the deus, nox, and simplex in terms of the head unit...

Looks like they are going the right direction on the control head, but I wish they weren't keeping the "S" shaft design. Also it looks like probably the typical ACE/AT foam grip, which I don't hate, but it doesn't feel modern or quality and I find a pain to clean.

I am curious about the coil. New size, good for large open fields and in trash. It is either a medium size coil (but then how is it a new size?), or it is a new shape maybe. A narrow, long coil that covers a lot of ground heel to toe, but is narrow side to side to read a narrower slice of the ground at a time?

Iron volume adjustment sounds like they are going after a lot of the newer mid-priced units with a similar feature. I would say this is not an ACE replacement. The question is where does it fit with the AT series? And is it waterproof?

I see the smaller dude in the video finally learned how to use the arm cuff on his Ace 250 :giggle:

Looks like they are going the right direction on the control head, but I wish they weren't keeping the "S" shaft design. Also it looks like probably the typical ACE/AT foam grip, which I don't hate, but it doesn't feel modern or quality and I find a pain to clean.

I am curious about the coil. New size, good for large open fields and in trash. It is either a medium size coil (but then how is it a new size?), or it is a new shape maybe. A narrow, long coil that covers a lot of ground heel to toe, but is narrow side to side to read a narrower slice of the ground at a time?

Iron volume adjustment sounds like they are going after a lot of the newer mid-priced units with a similar feature. I would say this is not an ACE replacement. The question is where does it fit with the AT series? And is it waterproof?

I wonder if this the beginning of a new series? GTA, GTI, ACE, AT, APEX???

Snapshot of it. Kind of does look like a deus with a button or knob coming out the front.Screenshot_20200424-230716_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Pic #3,4View attachment 463815View attachment 463816

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Looks like three buttons on the front in a upside down triangle shape. I thought they were knobs at first, but the light spot that looks like an undercut under a knob is actually the reflection from the face of the control box peaking through.

EDIT: I watched it again in HD and looked at the tease shot frame by frame. I think there are two buttons on the left (one above the other), then towards the middle of the detector a different shaped, shorter but wider button. Maybe a direction pad? I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks.

Looks like my x rays after 1985 anaheim supercross

Huh ? I went to those. And Monster trucks . All from mid to late 80s. I was at 1 where they had a dragster on a giant rubberband. During that time there was no fencing to protect the fans on the field level. Rubberband snaps , dragster breaks apart upon hitting the wall. Sends the engine and fat rear tires into the stands. Severely injuring some fans. I can't remember if there was a fatal or not. When ever I see someone being killed or a catastrophic event like that , it is always in slow-motion. I also believe because of that event and probably around the country , they started installing 12' fencing along the infield for those events.

Back
Top Bottom