My first hunt

Scott2373

So, I 've had my detector for several months now, however I just haven't found the time or the weather was not cooperative. FINALLY, I got out to the local park and did some swinging! Results are posted below. Yes, there were a whole lotta pop-tops, but those went in the trash along with all the other scraps of junk. Those pull-tabs sure do sound good at 3"! That big can top rang up like a dime! Not sure what the medallion is; possible some sort of Boy Scout item? My very first dig was one of the quarters! Unfortunately no silver, but not bad for beginner's luck, eh?
20170228_1625161.jpg

Glad you finally got out for a hunt and nice finds! That 'medallion' looks like a Cub Scout neckerchief slide for the rank of Weblos (transitioning from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts).

Glad you got out and had some finds, better than I did at first. You'll always have the thrill of pop tops, just don't let it hamper your fun. joe

Nice first hunt!! I have founds all kinds of coins and relics over the years, but the neckerchief slide has always eluded me. You went and found one on your first hunt nice job!!!!!

Thanks for all the positive comments! I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the Whites TreasurePro! After doing a little bit of practice swinging in my backyard, many months ago, I thought it was defective, due to signals seeming to jump around. However, after today, playing with the programs, sensitivity and disc audio, now I understand it a little bit more. It hit hard on a little brass thumbtack that was about 3.5" down. No lie, I spent at least ten minutes digging that little *&%^$# out!

Awesome hunt, the biggest key to success in this hobby, is to enjoy your hunt enough to continue to come back again and again meanwhile honing your skills!

Back
Top Bottom