Tesoro Coil Repair

chopz54

Hope someone out there may be able to help here.

Has anyone done there own coil repairs before?

One of my coils gives off a signal when hitting objects ( very lightly to ) quit

a common problem on some Tesoro coils.

On closer inspection inside I find that the bare wires which conect to the

upper and lower coil cases shielding have become detached, this being the

problem.(I wonder how many people have thrown away coils because of

this? ) This really seems to be weak point with these coils.

What I would like to know is what would be the best way of

repairing? Could some kind of shielding tape be used instead of the standard

paint/glue gun set up? With a better connection from wire to shield?

Would I be able to wrap my coil wires ( after removing the foam ) with said

tape etc like on a web style

coil? Is this tape easy to get hold of? and whats would I ask for? Any advice

PLEASE?

Before you say " get another coil" I live in England and Tesoro coils are twice

the price of the USA!!!!!! For the sake of a loose wire!!!

Please help.. Please see photos. The second photo quit clearly shows the wire that I'm talking about mounted to the cover ( in this case a concentric coil )

Attachments

• picture00085.jpg
    picture00085.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4,552
I hope someone has a answer to this. I have the same problem with a Super 7" coil. Can't get the coil any more, unless its used. I just sent a email to Tesoro to see if they can fix it.

I hope someone has a answer to this. I have the same problem with a Super 7" coil. Can't get the coil any more, unless its used. I just sent a email to Tesoro to see if they can fix it.

Shame really as there good coils, but the weak point seems to be that Faraday wire.

I'm after a 10" concentric, which was/is a great coil, but no longer available

new?? Why is that? Just dont make sense...

The Wire in question... Perhaps I may be wrong in thinking that its making an electrical contact with the coil housing? What is the black coating on the inside of my coil housing? I naturally assumed it was some kind of conductive paint with these wires attached? Could it be some kind of attena??

You guys will know??

Attachments

• CoilWindings.jpg
    CoilWindings.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 6,138
I got another Super 7" off ebay for $35. Seller said its in great condition, we'll see....

Chopz, did you send me a PM? I didn't get anything.

No DR, I mean that I sent an e-mail to Tesoro..still no reply, about a week

ago! $35 would be very lucky to get one in uk off e-bay for about $80!!!

New Tesoro coils are twice the price over here!!!!!!! Thats some mark up!!!

Am looking for a (discontinued) 10" concentric for my bandido pretty hard to

find over here in England!!! Chop

I haven't gotten a response from them either. I will call tomorrow...

I know the UK is just outrages on pricing. I been looking for a old Tesoro Amigo. Found one in England. They wanted 180.00 pounds, and its 16 years old. I've see them here for $60.00 US dollars. I'll keep searching... But, I miss it, use to live in Milton Keynes for two years.

I would think that tesoro would stand behind their metal detectors pretty good. They include a lifetime warranty don't they? Shouldn't that cover the coil? If I were you I would Not do anything to the coil before I talked to the company as it may void the warranty.

I would think that tesoro would stand behind their metal detectors pretty good. They include a lifetime warranty don't they? Shouldn't that cover the coil? If I were you I would Not do anything to the coil before I talked to the company as it may void the warranty.

Did not buy the coil " New " myself, but is in really good condition, still no reply from Tesoro!!! Then again I am useing a 80's Bandido, in favour of there " newer models "..

Chop ( Engalnd )

Back
Top Bottom