Action Camera - MIC modification

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
I have been using a SJCAM M10

The image quality is pretty good (up to 1080p) but the audio sucked

So I removed the internal mic , audio is supposed to go in through a tiny pin hole in the case and made it so I can plug in any mic I want.

I just had a lapel mic (which I may end up clipping to the cam vs wearing it as a lapel mic.

Anyway here is a short video of the internal mic vs new external mic modification

Last edited:
I've got one of those cameras, got it for just under $30. Didn't expect much but it was 1080p, small, light weight. I was going to mount it under a quadrocopter, still might get around to it. GoPro mounts work, but you have to use the waterproof case. The camera itself isn't so easy to figure a good way to mount though. Need access to the buttons on top. Buttons on the right, card slot, and I/O ports on the left, battery through the bottom. Mostly, I use it for sunset videos. Can't see paying $400 for a GoPro, when you can get that same China quality for a small fraction. Be funny to find out it's made by the same factory over there...

Yeh I wanted something small and wasn't going to spend $$$ for it , been happy with it so far except the audio which I fixed for my purposes anyway.

Yeh I wanted something small and wasn't going to spend $$$ for it , been happy with it so far except the audio which I fixed for my purposes anyway.

That's another great thing about less expensive electronics, no big deal to open up and mess around. Doesn't hurt much if you mess it up, but it's real sweet, when you make it better, or make it do just what you want, and saved a load of money.

Back
Top Bottom