Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 10-12-2017, 01:38 AM

Default Upgrading the TRX's LED?

The other evening, I finally had a bit of a night hunt. The backlight of the Max was great. But the "light" on my TRX was abysmal.

Does anyone have any experience in replacing the little LED with a brighter one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 10-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Elite Member

The LED is board mounted inside the unit (water resistant/proof) so not likely you are going to be able to do anything with that.. Also brighter would mean a different current need which you can not control.. So maybe a head light for target recover..

Right hand side of the board at the top edge.. picture is kind of washed out with the flash

Old 10-12-2017, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by airscapes View post
The LED is board mounted inside the unit (water resistant/proof) so not likely you are going to be able to do anything with that.. Also brighter would mean a different current need which you can not control.. So maybe a head light for target recover..

The TRX features a removable shell, allowing direct access the LED, so that won't be a problem. The current, on the other handů

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 10-14-2017, 02:02 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by airscapes View post

Right hand side of the board at the top edge.. picture is kind of washed out with the flash
Did you glue that staple on the shaft of the Trx? If so what is the purpose is it just like tuning the garret wit a piece of metal?

Old 10-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Elite Member

That is how it is made.