Keeping A Pinpointer Dry & Clean

BeerHunter

I am sure this is not a new idea, but try putting your pinpointer inside of a pair of rubber surgical gloves. I put the tip of my Bullseye II into the middle finger of the glove and then tape off the end. It is now water resistant and you can easily clean it off by running it under the sink. The only drawback is that it looks like the pinpointer is flipping me the bird, other than that it works great. Like I said, this is probably not very original but it works for me.
Anyone else do this?

Sounds like it would work! What would you think if you did not know anything about metal detecting and you saw a guy with a beeping latex glove that looks like it is flipping you off? :lol::lol:

Sounds like it would work! What would you think if you did not know anything about metal detecting and you saw a guy with a beeping latex glove that looks like it is flipping you off? :lol::lol:

When I was in work last week taping it closed, one of my workers looked at me like I was nuts. I told him, "What, just because I have a rubber glove that has a long finger that vibrates doesn't make me weird." Or does it?

Not a bad idea... if it works it works. Or you just buy one that is weatherproof and waterproof, the VBP570. :p

Good idea.... I use the Sunray DX1... so do not need it most of the time, however I do have a Bullseye as a backup and also the new Pistol Probe PI ... will have to keep that in mind. RickO

I don't know.... I have enough people flipping me the bird.... do I want my pin pointer to do it too !:?: :spin:

my bulls eye probe give me the finger every time I use it...hate that thing.

great idea tho! I bought one of them covers you can get through whites,it even haves a clip on the back so you can clip in on your pocket or belt...only draw back is it muffles the sound a bit,but it keeps all the dust out of the unit.

Back
Top Bottom