Old Rusty Handgun?

It appears to me that the last three letters on the grips are 'SHS".

Could it be "JR"?

Vintage-Silver-Toned-Antique-Cast-Iron-25-JR.jpg

It seems to be a better match than the "CK" on the Dick Tracy cap gun.

il_340x270.715508599_lrwn.jpg

Or, it could be an "H" on a Leslie Henry cap gun.

5591294_3_l.jpg

What's really strange is that I never noticed the letters until you mentioned it, they are easier to see in the photo than on the pistol itself. I've been searching antique toy pistols and found the JR 25 like the one ncplumber posted. I am trying electrolysis but it's not working very quickly due to a few reasons. It is however taking some rust off.
It appears to me that the last three letters on the grips are 'SHS".

What's really strange is that I never noticed the letters until you mentioned it, they are easier to see in the photo than on the pistol itself. I've been searching antique toy pistols and found the JR 25 like the one ncplumber posted. I am trying electrolysis but it's not working very quickly due to a few reasons. It is however taking some rust off.

You must have another thread going, because I don't see another 25 JR posted in this thread. Post some more pics after some electrolysis.

I'm sorry CountyWorker, I accidentally said it was ncplumber who had posted the picture of the 25 JR when it was your picture. I saw that you had quoted him and for some reason I thought it was his picture. I tried to save two pictures of the 25 JR to post here but for some reason they wouldn't save correctly. Thanks for posting them and again I am sorry. I will post some pictures after electrolysis if it ever finishes working.
You must have another thread going, because I don't see another 25 JR posted in this thread. Post some more pics after some electrolysis.

Well electrolysis ended badly. Not so much the electrolysis but what I did at one point checking on it. Every once in a while I would pull it out and kind of brush off some of the rust chips. I must have brushed to hard at one point because the end broke off. It broke right where I had the wire attached to it. I wonder if that weakened it somehow.

Bingo! And that's what I was envisioning the trigger looking like but couldn't find one like it. Excellent ID!

Back
Top Bottom