OK You experts! What is this!!??

TheHouse

My wife found this tonight with a Minelab equinox 800. Written or stamped in script on the side "Sterling Silver" very small no bigger than a dime. Any ideas??:?: Maybe a snuffer?

Attachments

• 20190404_201000 (800x600).jpg
    20190404_201000 (800x600).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 683
  • 20190404_201134 (640x480).jpg
    20190404_201134 (640x480).jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 626
If that iron part is holed then my guess is that it is part of a pipe. Mouthpiece or whatever you call it goes over the iron part and the silver part is kind of ferrule.

Of course, it might not be from pipe but from a cigarette holder.

Voriax

A sterling hose coupler ? :?:

Yep, That was a common sight on what is now known as a "hookah" that had several tubes coming out and certain folks (60s) would set around in a circle puffing on a stem on the end of those tubes and many of these devises were very high class with what appeared as being silver on the couplers. Others may have just called it a multi party "bong":cool:

Yep, That was a common sight on what is now known as a "hookah" that had several tubes coming out and certain folks (60s) would set around in a circle puffing on a stem on the end of those tubes and many of these devises were very high class with what appeared as being silver on the couplers. Others may have just called it a multi party "bong":cool:

Hookas are still big (as in popular:lol:) in Europe.

It looks like it would be small for a hookah tube, and I don’t know that the markings would be in English. What about a perfume atomizer?

I think FLYGUY might be right. Best guess would be the top or part of an umbrella or cane but its not very big in diameter so I would have to say umbrella. At closer inspection the sterling silver is really just decorative and is a sleeve. Inside is metal of some sort that is all rusted. This was found in a section of woods in a very rural area. There is no hole in the stem. thanks for the help!!!!!

I think FLYGUY might be right. Best guess would be the top or part of an umbrella or cane but its not very big in diameter so I would have to say umbrella. At closer inspection the sterling silver is really just decorative and is a sleeve. Inside is metal of some sort that is all rusted. This was found in a section of woods in a very rural area. There is no hole in the stem. thanks for the help!!!!!

Umbrella or Cane. Looks like it's the connecting joint to a (most likely) decorative wood handle.

https://picclick.com/Antique-1897-Antler-Cane-Handle-w-Sterling-Silver-223122990238.html

Back
Top Bottom