What’s your high number for Indian Heads in a year?

spenglure

Elite Member
What’s everyone’s high number for Indian heads in a year? I finally tallied my 2017 finds (yes, I know, I’m a year slow!). I ended with 49 Indian heads. All with my T2, it just has a way of sniffing out Indian heads!

I pulled 6 last year. They are a tough find for me. They seem to hit like zinc pennies in my soil. I think I've walked over more than a few.

From October to December of 2018 I pulled in 24. About 45 for the whole year.

I dug 9 Indians in 2015
19 injuns in 2016
10 injuns in 2017
and 19 last season, 2018
I hope to find 25 this next year :?: :digginahole:

I pulled 6 last year. They are a tough find for me. They seem to hit like zinc pennies in my soil. I think I've walked over more than a few.

Pretty much ring in as a zinc penny for me, too. I dig any zinc over 5”. Got to dig the zincs to get the IHs!

Pretty much ring in as a zinc penny for me, too. I dig any zinc over 5”. Got to dig the zincs to get the IHs!

I got single digit annual IH counts for a few years in a row now. It was only this last year (2018) that I learned they read like zincolns. I think it was TundraPlugger that mentioned this in one of his many IH finds posts. After reading that, I saw my 800 nox read one at 19, and another from 18 to 20. I also learned that many gold rings come in that range too. So yeah, I dig a lot of pennies...of any variety.

I got single digit annual IH counts for a few years in a row now. It was only this last year (2018) that I learned they read like zincolns. I think it was TundraPlugger that mentioned this in one of his many IH finds posts. After reading that, I saw my 800 nox read one at 19, and another from 18 to 20. I also learned that many gold rings come in that range too. So yeah, I dig a lot of pennies...of any variety.

Yes about gold rings. And also gold coins, a US $5 gold piece rings up a 75/76 on my T2. An indian reads 75-78 (mostly 76/77) and typically the zinc lincolns read consistent steady 78s (and are shallow). If you want to find a gold coin you have to dig the "deep zinc" signals. I know I will! Like I mentioned above, I only dig zinc signals 5" and deeper, unless it's an old site, then I dig all zinc signals. Happy hunting!

2 total in forever.

Same here...in 10yrs detecting...a grand total of 2 IHPs found. I found one with the AtPro in the water at a very old lake, and one nice key date fresh drop in a middleschool chip totter underneath the tumble bars with the F70...

I figure the one in the Lake was lost 100yrs ago, and the one in the totter was lost maybe 5 days before I found it and originated from poor old G'pas coin collection..I got $7 for the totter one...

I sure gave that totter a complete sweep that day! Figuring if little Jimmy stole an IHP, maybe, just maybe, he got his dipskimmers on G'Pas silver dollars!.:laughing:

Same here...in 10yrs detecting...a grand total of 2 IHPs found. I found one with the AtPro in the water at a very old lake, and one nice key date fresh drop in a middleschool chip totter underneath the tumble bars with the F70...

I figure the one in the Lake was lost 100yrs ago, and the one in the totter was lost maybe 5 days before I found it and originated from poor old G'pas coin collection..I got $7 for the totter one...

I sure gave that totter a complete sweep that day! Figuring if little Jimmy stole an IHP, maybe, just maybe, he got his dipskimmers on G'Pas silver dollars!.:laughing:

You sure can find unexpected finds at tot lots and play grounds. I haven’t had much success with them but to be honest I don’t put much time in on them.

Those two were within two feet of each other in a yard that I was positive that I would find silver. A number of Wheaties and two IH's but no silver.

Tot lots can sometimes be very good to me. the only gold class ring that I have ever found was about three feet outside of the tot lot. I suspect that some one got into Mom or Dads jewelry and took great grandpa's class ring from 1931 to show friends and dropped it in the grass.

Maybe 20 in a year, I don’t keep track. I’m happily surprised by them sometimes when they ring up low and are only 3” deep. Maybe they got skipped because they could be zinc pennies..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom