tab buster...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
I have been toying with the idea of faster pulltab extraction from my favorite parks. My soil this time of year is deep, soft and loose. It almost crumbles when I break ground with the lesche. Today I am rained out once again and invention is on my mind. Hopefully with some advice and critic from you members this device will become standard issue on my tool belt.

<--video

I will say that its performance for catching rings, chains and pulltabs in this test medium is....

7of9-3.jpg

Great thinking on this.....now try to come up with something to catch the dam can slaw....then you got yourself a million dollar invention!:lol:

very cool idea, i'm lookin forward ta see how it proformes in the dirt

:lol:Today conditions are looking good for the hunt :yes:

the ideal;

When I get a sharp clear PT range on VDI before breaking the sod I will twist the tool's spring clockwise while pushing down to the machines indicated dept. Then reverse motion turning backwards hooking the PT up and out.

As with any prototype one will expect failure initially, video will tell the story. If that's the case I will beef up the spring and try again.

FAIL;) but promising if not for a can slaw hit

Tab puller...

Take 2

<---video

I believe the material durability for this project is now...

7of9b-5.jpg

The success or failure of the tool is now dependent on minor angle adjustments to the claw. I have noted this angle is critical to sod insertion (auger) and tab capture. It will get some rough treatment now and if encountering can slaw again I don't expect to extract the slaw, but I do expect the tool to survive it.

i like the upgrade with the heavier spring, lookin forward to some true life field tests.
good luck with your pull tab snake :D

Device worked only after I removed the grass and roots. It would not penetrate the sod on it's own without significant force. I can still plug faster... so the Pull Tab continues to bring me to my knee's :(

seven-3.jpg

project terminated :lol:

Ya get a pat on the back for trying ! ! If no one took time to design and develop new products, I can't imagine where we would be.
It is a good Idea
Try re-thinking the tool a little more. I would have the spring / wire inside the probe an able to come out of it about 2 or 3 inches from the end. Then some way to feed it out the side of the probe olny when needed. Maybe the feed controll could be hidden inside the handle.

I would have the spring / wire inside the probe an able to come out of it about 2 or 3 inches from the end. Then some way to feed it out the side of the probe olny when needed. Maybe the feed controll could be hidden inside the handle.

yes, like those retractable pickers, where the wire comes out of the spring when you push the button on the handle. I follow your train of thought, a sheath for the spring until its beyond the grass roots :roll: Too bad, if we didn't have to get down on PT's we could go for days :lol:

i dont have a problem popping out pulltabs with my screwdriver/probe. i probe till i hit it..then probe around it to determine the size. if its a suspected pulltab, i try to ring the hole with my probe then pop it right out. works most of the time :yes:

Back
Top Bottom