I have to ask!

Hey Dew, I wish I could "check my disc" but I don't have an Excal... All that trash was from my early days with the Surf PI. I still get trash and sometimes if it's big, I'll still dig it up just to get it outta the way and outta the water!

I now have about 300 hours swinging the Surf PI and my finds have gotten far better and far far deeper. I am getting really good at the deep whispers (in part thanks to Craig and some early advice he gave me) and over this past summer I got at least 3 rings each day (a lot of them junkers, but a ring is a ring) and I averaged a Gold Ring a month.

My best WATER find last summer:

8.8g of 14K
1390491_10153382179185635_144181175_n.jpg

And my best DRY SAND find last January 2013:
18K White Gold Real Diamonds and an Aqua Marine Main Stone
20028_10152396055430635_535988783_n.jpg

I miss my dualfield. My leg doesn't though:lol:

They don't have to dig in the ground like we do saves time with a sand scoop they just scoop and shake. Therefore they can scoop more targets faster than digging in dirt and grass. Iv never hunted a beach lots of people go to the beaches. So lots of people drop stuff while drunk lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

They don't have to dig in the ground like we do saves time with a sand scoop they just scoop and shake. Therefore they can scoop more targets faster than digging in dirt and grass. Iv never hunted a beach lots of people go to the beaches. So lots of people drop stuff while drunk lol.

Honestly, it's easier and quicker digging in the dirt than some of the places I have been scooping lately.

... lots of people go to the beaches. So lots of people drop stuff while drunk lol.

You can say that again... Spring break has started, 8 weeks instead of 6 this year and they estimate it will be over 4 million people attending. 4 million drunken, oiled up college kids...

crowded beach (2).jpg

This year you won't see the sand! :laughing:

Robby that ring is gorgeous!! Must have been a heart stopper!

Why, THANKS! It wasn't really much too see when I found it and it sort of growled at me on the Sovereign. It was all crusty and caked when it came up, I thought I had a junker...

The ring with a few real heartstoppers that aren't real:

18K Dog Beach Ring.jpg

0516 afternoon ring.jpg

Apr 6 JUNK RING (2).jpg

HOLY CRAP Ring.jpg

The best part of this story is the story itself,

My wife and I were at the local "Dog Beach" with Speedy our Black Lab. I was swinging and they were playing in the surf. I had gotten stopped several times with the "what's the best thing you ever found?" question and this lady's dog ran up to me so I stopped and petted it and she came over and we got to talking and she hit me with a new one, she asked "do you EVER REALLY FIND ANYTHING with that?" I told kind of nonchalantly "Yeah, I do OK". About this time my wife and Speedy came up and we told the lady some stories of some of my finds. I don't think she was really believing us, think she thought we were telling "fish stories". I wandered off and left my wife there talking with her, and I didn't get 20 feet from them and got this ring, and it was deep too! It was like 10 inches down. Like I said, I thought it was another junker and as I stood there examining it, they came over. The moment my wife saw it she knew I had something. She took it down to the water and cleaned it up a bit, enough to see the 18K inside the band. A few weeks later we were in a Zales and the girl behind the counter was admiring it on my wife's hand - did I forget to mention it fit my wife perfectly? Then I also probably forgot to mention that I NEVER GOT IT BACK after my wife cleaned it there on the beach that day! :laughing: - and we told her the story of it while she cleaned it. After looking at it she confirmed it had real diamonds and an Aqua Marine stone, and while she would NOT put a price on it, off the record she said it was worth "in the hundreds but not thousands".

Back
Top Bottom