Help with White' s PI connections

sergdia

I am a newbie metal detectorist.***My mother-in-law bought me a Garrett 250 for Christmas and I’m just learning how to use it..*I’m a block away from the beach and clearly need a lot of practice with discrimination and sensitivity!

Aside from that, my husband and I bought a White’s Surfmaster Pulse at a garage sale.**My husband has been trying to fix it.**The 7 connectors to the circuit board are not attached.*Does anyone know of the correct sequence/location for the connectors?**There are 7 connectors – headphones, coil, battery, discrimination, threshold, power-on switch, and threshold switch.**The circuit board has P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6, and P7.**Who knows the configuration of these connectors, ie. does the battery go to P1, does the coil go to P2, etc.?***Understand that I am putting a great deal of pressure on my husband to get this bargain working so that it can be my surf detector rather than figuring out how to use the Garrett that close to the saltwater.**

Dianne

Welcome from Mesquite,Texas...........I would suggest you send it to White's for repair..Could be more than just that wrong.....I'm sure your husband can repair it but White's will fix it and any other things on it....Might as well get it done to perfection so it will work great for you on the beach...

First off you would need to know which model it is as there are several surfmaster PI's still in use today... for instance mine was a yellow control box, my friend had a purple control box then I suggest either sending it to Whites or seeing if you can find the proper schematics for your model...

Example...

http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/s/surfmaster-pi-metal-detector.php

If it's a Surf PI Pro, here ya go...

Attachments

• DSCN6998 - Annotation 800.jpg
    DSCN6998 - Annotation 800.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 15,557
I am probaly reviving the dead here but I am having issues with my whites.. are the P1 P2 etc the same as in P1 = battery check switch.. no matter its location on the board?

Back
Top Bottom