Excal 2 battery connection

SamuelLJackson

I totally broke off a prong on my excal's battery connection. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement so I don't have to send my unit in. I'm out of warranty, and handy enough with a doddering iron, but can't find the part.

Give them a call, not sure if they still make them..

Attachments

• ExcalMalePluginfo[1].jpg
    ExcalMalePluginfo[1].jpg
    66 KB · Views: 238
I called last Friday and placed an order. If anyone needs this part, not all of their customer service reps will allow you to place an order. Enoch will place an order, make sure you ask for him. And reference the part number, do not mention it's for a minelab detector. Part 4101 $30 each, extra gasket $1 each. When I get it in I'll solder it up and let everyone know how it works.

Will these work for the headphones on an excal? My cord is getting beat up.....

Got the connections in and soldered it up. The 4101 is the exact part. It only took about a half an hour to snip off the old connection and make the fix. I was in the water this weekend for 12 hours and everything worked as good as new.

Thanks FSA, I'm just returning what I have learned from others over the years. This pic I got from VB Max several years ago. And I'm like you, I learn from others, then I take it several steps further.

73cj5
Will these work for the headphones on an excal? My cord is getting beat up.....
Yes..........problem is getting the parts need, and the cost.
Here is a few pic's of the ikelites on a excalibur I did, Scott in upstate NY. I'm hoping by next spring to have a easy install set of headphones for the Excaliburs only.

Attachments

• DSC_9153.jpg
    DSC_9153.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC_9156.jpg
    DSC_9156.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC_9182 (3).jpg
    DSC_9182 (3).jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC_9215.jpg
    DSC_9215.jpg