Heads-up on a problem I just had with my Sov. GT

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Hey guys,

Well yesterday I fired up my trusty Sov. GT for a nice beach hunt, unfortunately It wouldn't stop squealing unless I squeezed and wiggled the coil cable at a certain spot. After manipulating the problem by moving around the coil cable, I figured I probably had a broken coil cable wire..

Packed it up and went home to figure out the problem. I cut open the coil wire at the point that seemed to be the cause of the problem. This happens to be the point where the coil wire is constantly flexing back and forth due to my box being hip-mounted and separate from the rod. I exposed the black, white, yellow & red wires and immediately discovered that the insulation on all the wires were cracked and the copper wires were exposed to each other, I'm guessing the insulation cracked due to constant flexing at that spot.

I re-insulated the wires, shrink tubed the cable back together and problem solved! Went out for a test run today and works perfect. Sorry no picks of the operation, just wanted to give a heads up, if your Sov. GT starts acting wonky, and your able to manipulate the problem by moving, flexing, squeezing the coil cable, the problem could be with the coil cable wires...Hope this helps someone someday..

HH!

Back
Top Bottom