Anybody use the TRX with the CTX?

westers

I've loved my GPP for over a year, but I don't think it likes my new CTX. I'm considering the TRX and the ML25. The ML25 doesn't seem to do well against the GPP based on in-ground tests I've seen on youtube. That brings me to the Whites as a possibility. Advice from CTX'ers would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I've loved my GPP for over a year, but I don't think it likes my new CTX. I'm considering the TRX and the ML25. The ML25 doesn't seem to do well against the GPP based on in-ground tests I've seen on youtube. That brings me to the Whites as a possibility. Advice from CTX'ers would be greatly appreciated.

that's strange that the GPP doesn't like your ctx

mine does the same thing when the ground is really wet
CTX goes crazy when I stick the GPP in the ground
dry ground no problems

Why don't you call garret and ask if they have any ideas as to what's wrong.

I did. They have incredibly good customer service. They asked me to send it in so they could check it out and fix it. I'm thinking that there's likely no problem with the GPP. I don't want to send it off for 10 days or so and have no marked increase in performance because they couldn't find anything "wrong" with it. Again - for folks considering the GPP - it is a GREAT PP. I just think there's something about it and the CTX.

I'm going to use the GPP for a few more dogs to see if CTX frequency scans with the GPP helps. If so, I'm golden. The clouds will part and the birds will sing. If I can't isolate and minimize the issue, I want to try another brand. I'm just doing the needed research to get real diggers' opinions before I drop another pile of money into it. I'd hate to get something else and see no benefit b/c it, too, didn't like the CTX.

Noise cancel the CTX with the Garrett turned on?

That makes sense. I haven't been able to get out again since the weekend - work gets crazy this time of year, but I'll double check the noise cancel. That seems like the solution if there's going to be one. I tried it when I was out, but I didn't get the result I was after - the GPP performance I was accustomed to. It could have been a combination of factors at play. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on my GPP just yet, so I'll continue to try to isolate variables until I can adequate control for them in the field.

Thanks for the tip. Sometimes even the most obvious things are overlooked.

I bit the bullet and hopefully hit the bullseye. I went with the White's TRX with Bart over at BigBoyHobbies. I'll let y'all know what I think once I have a legitimate opinion.

Ya know, it never crossed my mind, but my ProPointer has been acting differently since I got my CTX. Still acts just fine with the Deus and ATP. I'm going to try the noise cancel tomorrow. Probably going to put it up for sale anyway as I really want to try the Deteknix.

The TRX with the CTX rocks!

I have both the GPP & TRX and still use them both. I don't remember ever having trouble with either and my CTX.

I use the GPP with the CTX in wet sand at times. I never have a problem with either. But remember the CTX is very sensitive and your scoop or any thing metal will cause it to go crazy when they are close. The other day it picked up my frame on my glasses when I layed the ctx down and bent over to check the hole.
Gary

Here's my initial impression of the TRX. It's not a propointer, but in a good way.

It took me about four targets to get a good feel for it, but once the ratcheting clicked into my head without having to think about what I was doing, it was AWESOME. I like the depth and the tone. The vibration is good, too. I could feel it through my gloves while brushing the tip across grass. The orange cap is a great idea for guys like me who get so caught up in a find they walk away from their tools only to realize it at the next target. I love the depth gauge that's molded right into the housing. Very nice.

Would I turn down a free pro-pointer? No! It is awesome. My thoughts after the first hunt, though, is that the TRX has the edge. If my opinion changes somewhere down the road, I'll let y'all know. I am genuinely surprised by how much I like the TRX; I figured I'd regret not buying a second GPP, but I have no regrets - only confidence that my new TRX will get the job done more effectively and efficiently than either of my other PPs.

Thank you Evan at BBH for all the awesome advice and tips. The TRX suits me perfectly!

Here's my initial impression of the TRX. It's not a propointer, but in a good way.

It took me about four targets to get a good feel for it, but once the ratcheting clicked into my head without having to think about what I was doing, it was AWESOME. I like the depth and the tone. The vibration is good, too. I could feel it through my gloves while brushing the tip across grass. The orange cap is a great idea for guys like me who get so caught up in a find they walk away from their tools only to realize it at the next target. I love the depth gauge that's molded right into the housing. Very nice.

Would I turn down a free pro-pointer? No! It is awesome. My thoughts after the first hunt, though, is that the TRX has the edge. If my opinion changes somewhere down the road, I'll let y'all know. I am genuinely surprised by how much I like the TRX; I figured I'd regret not buying a second GPP, but I have no regrets - only confidence that my new TRX will get the job done more effectively and efficiently than either of my other PPs.

Thank you Evan at BBH for all the awesome advice and tips. The TRX suits me perfectly!

Great review on the Whites TRX! Should help lots of people!

Back
Top Bottom