Safari in the house...

Coureurtjen

I finally bought my minelab Safari (exchange of my ace250). The beaches are no longer safe over here :)
Any advice welcome!

weird...I just sold my Safari today and got a Ace 250 instead :-) sold it to a guy from Leffinge :-)

Eindelijk een goed forum gevonden zie ik :p
Good luck on that ace250 btw, i am sure your kids will find sometimes more than their dad :p

Buy some good rechargeable batteries or you will be buying many many sets...Good luck to you....

Thanks, already did this indeed...

Any others around here who could help me with my first steps on the wet sand with a Safari? :)

Thanks, already did this indeed...

Any others around here who could help me with my first steps on the wet sand with a Safari? :)

Pre set 2 or pre set 4 (all metal).

The trash density setting of high is pre set and is the only one that I have changed so far and is down to 'low'.

Do you do any disc? And can you run inpt in max sens?

I change nothing on any of the settings other than moving the pre-set trash to 'low'.

I will be putting up my latest beach finds in a few minutes.

My preference is the 'all metal mode' and listen out for the high tones then check it against the numeric read out, anything above the 7 to 10 on the readout is worth digging but the higher the readout 34 to 36 is even better.

from the many hrs of research I did with this machine for the first 100 hrs r so use the standard programs that's already set up. After 100hrs then start playing with settings. U have a AWESOME machine keep us informed on how it goes please. Btw how much did u pay and where u get it from? I to have been thinking about getting this machine for a while now. thanks.

The safari was one of the first detectors I owned and it was very frustrating for me to learn and use I never had any luck with it but all the time I put into it helped me with the ctx3030 which was a great detector. As I have come to learn most detectors work great once you get some what familiar with it. HH/GL

Safari

Yeah I will keep you guys updated on how it goes :)

Some people indeed tell me to dig up everything above 5-7, but I heard of friends who found gold rings as low as -3...

I will start in all metal wit -10 discriminated, low trash. As high as possible with discrim and Treshold 12.

:)

Yeah I will keep you guys updated on how it goes :)

Some people indeed tell me to dig up everything above 5-7, but I heard of friends who found gold rings as low as -3...

I will start in all metal wit -10 discriminated, low trash. As high as possible with discrim and Treshold 12.

:)

Should keep this thread alive with updates on ur new machine. I habeen considering that minelab for a while now. U gonna do any videos?

Should keep this thread alive with updates on ur new machine. I habeen considering that minelab for a while now. U gonna do any videos?
I will try to keep it posted. You can always contact me with specific questions, i can "test" them for you. ;)
I bought this machine because I know how deep and good it is. I did a test on the beach witch a coin and it can go to about 25-30 inch... (75cm)

I will try to keep it posted. You can always contact me with specific questions, i can "test" them for you. ;)
I bought this machine because I know how deep and good it is. I did a test on the beach witch a coin and it can go to about 25-30 inch... (75cm)

rhats vall the depth u need my friend

After just 6 weeks use, bottom cam-lok friction plate decided to drop out on to the beach.

Without going into the quality of the adhesive that Minelab should use to secure it into the holder I had by return post (24 hours) 2 new ones supplied FOC by the dealer who supplied the machine.

You may need to think of a plan 'B' should you get caught out at the beach like I did. (parcel tape was my plan 'B' for the day.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom