Not thawed yet, but Sterling success!

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got a idea on the way home from some errands after work tonight. Pulled into the local High School to check out the ground to see if it was dig-able. Well the answer was a little in places it would allow to maybe a bit over three inches but for most part it would not allow the shovel any penetration at all. I spent about twenty minutes and did recover some clad. $1.45 plus a Canadian Nickle. Also a very nice Sterling Necklace with a Religious Pendant. Still going to be a few days to a week before the ground will be thawed Lots of snow still not melted. Jack

Attachments

• 3-18-14 1.jpg
    3-18-14 1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 407
  • 3-18-14.jpg
    3-18-14.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 399
Congrats on the sterling. I agree, there's still too much snow on the spots I want to dig. Rain tomorrow should take care of alot of it. This weekend is our plan. Good luck on future hunts. : )

Sounds like most of us over here on the east coast dam winter frozen tundras ! Congrats on the sterling!

Nice job Jack!
I found a couple spots with Southern exposure where I could dig to about 4" and scored an old religious medal too (but not silver)
Happy Hunting:D

Nice.....raining right now. Most of the snow is gone except the huge piles from the snow plows.

Good tip on the southern side of hills or buildings. Any area shielded from colder north winds while catching lots of the sun's rays! (Just like fishing for bass in the early spring!

Back
Top Bottom