Custom Coin Popper

Epydemic

I have not tried it yet so don't know how it works. Left the tang long to probe for coins in the 4" range but might cut it off. Will grind when I get the chance.

HH, Epi

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,432
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,208
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,433
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,369
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,241
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,385
Corn Popper?

I had to laugh at myself, I was up in the middle of night, and checked the Forum, with sleepy eyes, I thought the post said "Corn Popper". I opened it up and couldn't figure out how in the heck you could pop corn with it. Then of course, my eyes cleared and I laughed out loud.

Nice metal work, but I would sure be careful with File-Steel because it could sure cut the daylights out of a sweet coin or ring. If the concept works, maybe Brass would be an improvement. Just a thought.

EKW

That explains it,,, you are a tool maker and have the persecution grinders to work with. Nice work Epi. :yes:
You might what to braze the tip of the probe end so you won't scar or scratch the coin you're probing for. ;)

I like the granite slab, Is it used for dial indicating?

Last edited:
That`s a nice looking piece but be careful. High carbon steel doesn't like to be bent or have pressure applied to it. It breaks down the crystalline structure and just snaps.

The primary weakness of most poppers is that they do not include a point of leverage - like the center of see-saw. I sometimes use the handle on my digger for more leverage, but something flatter and a bit smaller in diameter would be closer to ideal.

Back
Top Bottom