Nautilus Detector & GRNS, Is It Still Happening?

Michigan Badger

Forum Supporter
Like most old timer THers I've used the Nautilus machines. In fact over the years I've owned many including several IIBs.

While at times the machine really impressed me I had issues with some tendencies found it this make. For one I found them nearly useless at my old house sites. The ground filled with trash from burnings and high voltage lines overhead sent my IIB machines wild. And too, Nautilus coils can go bad from the least bump and I even got a bad one new from the factory (the 15 inch).

Today I've pretty much settled with Minelab for it's depth, iron rejection, dependability, and ability to work directly under the worst powerlines.

I sold my last Nautilus about two years ago and have not really kept up with the GRNS competitions.

I found a page on another forum that says the 2009 competition is less than a day off...2009 ?:?:

Can anyone update me on what's going on? Did they miss last year? I thought I'd find a message about the upcoming 2010 competition.

The 2009 hunt is held in January because it is the relic hunting nationals... You sign up far in advance and they close out the year with the hunt after new years... 2010's will be in January 2011. And yes Nautilus Team still exists and it has won the GNRS in 2008 and many many years in the past. I just bought one today and can't wait to dig some deep holes.

Back
Top Bottom