How Do You Transport Your Detector????

ky digger

Like on a family vacation to the beach or to the park or where ever you take it? I'm thinking of buying a carrying bag off e-bay I was justing what you guys' and girls' use?

It will depend on the detector, I think. I have a Surfmaster DF. Its loop, headphone and their cables are hardwired to the control box. Thus I am a bit limited with what I can do with it. I just break it into three parts ("hanging on one wire") and stuff them into a cheap one-compartment backpack together with a scoop in a plastic back. This way I can carry it easily and it takes me less than a minute to assemble it back.
But I have a question of my own about transporting. Nowadays we are very limited with the number of bags we can fly with free. I am looking for some makeshift hard case that I can fit into a bag I fly with on vacation. It cannot be big. I know White's offer some cases but they are big. Even if I fit the case into the bag I will hardly have any place left for other things, like my Masterfrog fins. At the same time it should fit 12 inch loop and headphones which are hardwired as I had said. I was thinking about some plastic case like the one from an electric drill which will require some work inside of course. But what if somebody already has a solution. I will be thrilled to know about it. It will solve the problem of air transportation for me. I will find more things and I will post more pictures on this forum. Thanks.

well I use an ace 250 and it takes a while to assemble and dis-assemble so I could shorten it and put it in a guitar case????

50 views and only 1 reply come on people I know you take your detector with you to places,so how do you do it. please and thank you -Dakota

I took my Prism V down to AC a few months ago and I broke into three sections and put it in a backpack. It really didn't fit and half of it hung out the top. You need to put it in something deep enough that you can close the top. I would also like to hear what other people use.

I just came back from a two week vacation which I took along my T-2. I use one of those carrying cases made for detectors and it works fine. I use the soft type not the hard shell, it makes for easier fitting into the car along with everything else being loaded. It even has a zippered pocket for so I can easily bring along an extra coil. I use a separate multi purpose bag for everything else (knee pads, digger, extra batteries, gloves, etc.)

Have fun!

I put my spectra v3i in a padded detector bag that i got from whites, also has a side pouch for a few accesories

Unless you are a serious neat freak or just lookin for another way to spend money those carry bags are extremely unnecessary , especially for detectors on the cheap side.

Unless you are a serious neat freak or just lookin for another way to spend money those carry bags are extremely unnecessary , especially for detectors on the cheap side.

I don't know I would agree. With two kids, a dog, and a wife adding just a "couple more things" it is nice to have my "stuff" separate and protected. On the other hand if you are just traveling in a half empty car I would agree.

We take Amtrak a couple times a year. I break down my Fisher 1266 and pack it into my largest luggage bag. No one but me puts the luggage on the train or takes them off. Steve in so az

When I travel. I carry all of my gear in a bag like this. I carry extra coils and rods, batteries, first aid kit, digging tools, storage containers, camera and tripod, detector, headphones and whatever else I may need.

FX41573.jpg

Tactical Bag. 3 zippered outside pockets, 3 end pockets with Velcro closure. Adjustable padded shoulder straps for backpack usage, vinyl waterproof bottom. Size: 15in. x 34in. x 12in.

I just picked up a road case 22"x19"x8" it carrys 2 detectors.with 8inches of foam it protects my investments.A soft cases just doesn't do it.Plus I can lock it.

I have a soft bag that came with my BH Lonestar that works pretty well.:D

YEP!!! ME Too!!! I have used it for my MXT, V3, then my E-Trac. It is the perfect size to fit in an overhead compartment on any airplane and sit on top of my computer rollerbag when trekking through the airport. I can fit my MD, my belt and knee pads in it. I pack my knife and screw driver in another bag I check,

Sweet! where can I such bag????? You can PM me.

-Mark

When I travel. I carry all of my gear in a bag like this. I carry extra coils and rods, batteries, first aid kit, digging tools, storage containers, camera and tripod, detector, headphones and whatever else I may need.

Tactical Bag. 3 zippered outside pockets, 3 end pockets with Velcro closure. Adjustable padded shoulder straps for backpack usage, vinyl waterproof bottom. Size: 15in. x 34in. x 12in.

Also - if you take a detector along on a flight where will look through your bags be sure and lay on top a detecting magazine showing someone swinging. Then right away the inspectors will say "oh thats a metal detector". Some of them dont know what one looks like. Steve in so az

I just pack mine up in the back of the car(s) that we drive to locations with. Simple, I only use my detector bag unless I store it for more than 4 months.

I use a day hike bag, one from northface. It's bigger than a backpack, but smaller than an internal framepack. It's fits my etrac, tools and a 2nd coil.

I'm not a fan of duffels bags, much easier to have straps over ur shoulders then lift handles.

Check ebags.com

Back
Top Bottom