What Somewhat Common Dig Has Eluded You?

For me, it is a Walker and a 2 cent piece. These are common right? Cuz, you know, Cellrdwellr finds at least one every hunt.

But, mostly a Walker. I see lots of them posted. I have just never seen one posted by me....

For five years I have been chasing an Indian Head. Pulled many deep deep Memorials ( and cursed afterwards). No luck.

A few months ago I was talking to a woman who was interested in seeing a metal detector “ in action”. I took a machine to her curb strip and said if we were lucky I might find a penny or two. Immediately I get a penny signal by the sidewalk. It was barely covered with sand but I picked it up and handed it to her telling her it was her first treasure.

She looked at it and said, “ Cool! 1887!”

I said, “ Don’t you mean 1987?”

Yep. Found my first IH and gave it away. Happily she called me that night and we traded for a beautiful harmonica reed I had found.

Now I’d like a silver dollar or a gold coin.

Attachments

• 2831E823-C014-4E16-9E35-48580ED229B5.jpg
    2831E823-C014-4E16-9E35-48580ED229B5.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 137
Well that could be almost endless list...but for example in Canada we had brown metal nickels called Tombac . The 943 tombac is very common.

The 1944 Tombac is ultra rare only one is known, most of them remained unissued and were melted. I have found the 1944 5 cents chromium but was toast.

Even though these are not common I would like to find a LC, Morgan, and something that has eluded most of us......a GOLD coin!!!!
Maybe this year? You never know!:grin:

Have only have dug one IH. I Love them but they don't like me..

yea but pulltabs like you they like everyone:lol: they are not fussy

I like the IH cents also...probably found around 10 here in BC, Half in one coin spill.

Skeleton key, I don’t know why, but I want to find one. I’ve found two locks that take a skeleton key to open it, but I’ve never found a key. Maybe this coming season is the time?

Skeleton key, I don’t know why, but I want to find one. I’ve found two locks that take a skeleton key to open it, but I’ve never found a key. Maybe this coming season is the time?

Same here would like to find one. hh

I think I would like to find one of those crotal bells that everyone else seems to find.

Back
Top Bottom