40 pieces of silver!

tonznz

Hi all,

its been a while since I reported back with my finds. I hope you are all enjoying the hobby.

Here are my 40 silver coins since last post

enjoy the photos

from the beaches and parks of Dunedin New Zealand over last few months..

cracking open a mud ball knowing there is a coin inside is a great feeling:

example of a beach dig this year with my minelab sovereign gt

HOLY ZEALAND ZILVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm buying my plane ticket right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the comments. The one ounce bullion silver piece was from a beach. Strange thing to find on a beach but I'm not complaining. I have found a couple of the same over the last two years. Maybe part of a hoard. I haven't found the mother load yet but here's hoping.

Nice bunch of silver!

Just curious, I noticed a lot of them are WWWII era coins, could there have been a military post near there or R&R for soldiers?

That's a nice haul

beautiful, can we get a story on that one ounce piece? :O! awesome!

About 6 weeks ago I was told about a great beach cut out with some serious wave damage so I quickly checked the tides. The next low tide was 3am in the morning! So at midnight I headed down to the beach with head torch, spade and Minelab Sovereign GT. I found the cut out and I couldn't believe the amount of coins I was digging. At 1am in the morning I decided to phone another metal detecting buddy. He answered his cellphone and his wife demanded 'who is phoning you at 1 am in the morning?' I told him how great it was at the beach and he said I'll see you in ten minutes! My hands were frozen solid by that stage as I had forgotten my gloves but I was reluctant to take the quick trip home to get them. So together we kept finding those targets many of which were Victorian. At 3 am I called it quits and left him to it. The large bullion coin was the highlight. You can see the surface damage on it from having being in the salt water for many years.

Back
Top Bottom