The un-knee pad

tractmanrrl

After trying many knee pads out, I put them in a box and sold um at a garage sale. Done. Had this great idea one day! I need to keep the wet out and walk for hours in comfort, without them falling off. I broke out the plastic wrap but it didn't work either!### then bam it hit me! Carpet protector! I can cut it and wrap it around my knee. It will keep my knee dry, my pants unstained. Bought a roll at Home Depot ( surface shield 24x50ft for $12) cut it in half with table saw and wrapped it around my knee. It worked! Stays on, won't cut off circulation, will even hold knee pads on all day if wrapped over them. Yes! Found out that I can wrap my shoes to keep the due out too. It's not supposed to leave residue. It does a little. Washable. It does also work to remove lint. Use it then throw it away. Cut the roll in half and gift the other half to a friend. I use scissors or a
c0e3c86c391280b77530f62a47b4f79e.jpg
pocket knife to cut it. My idea free to all.

I dig it

After trying many knee pads out, I put them in a box and sold um at a garage sale. Done. Had this great idea one day! I need to keep the wet out and walk for hours in comfort, without them falling off. I broke out the plastic wrap but it didn't work either!### then bam it hit me! Carpet protector! I can cut it and wrap it around my knee. It will keep my knee dry, my pants unstained. Bought a roll at Home Depot ( surface shield 24x50ft for $12) cut it in half with table saw and wrapped it around my knee. It worked! Stays on, won't cut off circulation, will even hold knee pads on all day if wrapped over them. Yes! Found out that I can wrap my shoes to keep the due out too. It's not supposed to leave residue. It does a little. Washable. It does also work to remove lint. Use it then throw it away. Cut the roll in half and gift the other half to a friend. I use scissors or a
c0e3c86c391280b77530f62a47b4f79e.jpg
pocket knife to cut it. My idea free to all.

I dig it

More pics
081b4bf09cfc433ad8444e67000327af.jpg
c4c6bd00e5019cb0790df7d27b5a1342.jpg

I dig it

I had a partial roll of hardwood floor protector (blue plastic low tack) that I just cut in halve. I took a roll with me today to try and realized I had nothing to cut it with:shock:
Turned out I did not get wet but I was going to not only put it around my knees but over/around my shoes so the toes didn't get wet in the grass.. Will post when I get to actually use it.

It rained last night and this morning so I wrapped the knees and the shoes. Both worked really well.
One foot did start to come off the bottom after 2 hours and the grass was not that wet. Shoes stayed completely dry. I think if I had wiped the bottom of the shoes before applying they would not have come loose. Or maybe a wrap of duct tape would be a good idea for real wet day.

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 745
I come up with all kinds of ideas like this and then show them to the wife....

The usual reply is "God, you'll look like a bunch of Hobos out there. Then she laughs that little laugh that wives do and turns and sails away.:laughing:

The term for this is either Hobofied...or in deference to a deck hand who once worked for me...Speciallymodified.

If it works great but there are some cheap waterproof boots and old pants available at thrift stores.

Good luck, you brought a smile to my face today, Thanks.

I c

Good luck, you brought a smile to my face today, Thanks.

Glad I could help!

looking like a nut keeps people away.. not having wet muddy knees or toes after a 2 hour hunt 5 minutes from home, nor the need to change clothes 2 times was worth looking silly. :jester:

People in my town know me, people like the mayor, police officers, deputy sheriffs, business people, etc. I can't dress too eccentric without becoming the daily buzz. I'll pass on the carpet protector stuff. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom