Just like Swinglow, I had another awesome day at my Epic copper house...

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
So my buddy Wayne and I went back to the 1772 house where I scored 9 coppers last weekend, a Barber quarter and a CW bullet last week. My wife decided to take my daughter shopping so I knew I could get out. We started out in the area where I found the CW bullet last week. This is the area the archeologists seem to think the original tannery was. The first business started in this town in 1761. My first few finds were assorted old trinkets like broaches. You can see them below. The round one with 12 jewels in it has 12 different colored stones. Pretty cool. Then going along I was getting a 9-47 all the way up to 18-47. But it was solid and very high pitch. Hoping for a very old quarter, to my surprise and honestly the first time I was disappointed in digging silver popped out a 1955 Washington. Then 5 feet later and the same odd signals I get a 1947 Washington. I did want older but realized finding two silver Washingtons is still a good day. :laughing:

We decided to start making our way back up to the house when I got a solid 12-44 at 6". Popped out the plug and thought at first I had another copper. Turned out to be a token. Now if you look closely at it, it reads that I am entitled to a deed in Cape May county NJ for the sum of $49.50. I wonder if I can still redeem it. LOL.

We got back up to the house, spoke with the owners for a bit. I then got another solid 12-44 at about 6" again. This was the part of the yard that Wayne and I scored 10 of the 12 coppers from the weekend before. It rained heavy last night so we were hoping for some deeper signals. Anyway I saw the disc in the dirt and wiped it away. It was an awesome shape 1809 Classic Head Half Cent. If it wasn't a dug coin, it could be worth quite a bit. So that ended our day and made it the 10th copper from that site alone. I will still keep hitting it on my lunch breaks. As always thanks for looking and HH. Video below...

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ir3PCYv0c

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 424
  • photo 10.JPG
    photo 10.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 426
  • photo 11.JPG
    photo 11.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 427
  • photo 12.JPG
    photo 12.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 431
  • photo 9.jpg
    photo 9.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 431
  • photo 6.jpg
    photo 6.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 417
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 416
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 424
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 409
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 423
  • photo 7.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 417
  • photo 8.jpg
    photo 8.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 418
  • photo 13.jpg
    photo 13.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 426
Nice digs! That half cent is in remarkable condition. Cool relics too. Any idea on the one that looks like a 3 legged seated figure? On a side note about the HC - I gotta wonder if the designer of liberty was wearing beer goggles on that day. 'Cause..... Gack!!!

Nice digs! That half cent is in remarkable condition. Cool relics too. Any idea on the one that looks like a 3 legged seated figure? On a side note about the HC - I gotta wonder if the designer of liberty was wearing beer goggles on that day. 'Cause..... Gack!!!

Schweddy, I have no idea. Was hoping someone here could tell me. Lol

Hell yeah man, awesome digs......again.

How much property do you have left to cover? We hammered my spot good yesterday but I may go back with a sniper coil. We've been spoiled by these spots, that's for sure.

I know what you mean about be disappointed in the Washington quarter. Same exact thing happened to me!

Hell yeah man, awesome digs......again.

How much property do you have left to cover? We hammered my spot good yesterday but I may go back with a sniper coil. We've been spoiled by these spots, that's for sure.

I know what you mean about be disappointed in the Washington quarter. Same exact thing happened to me!

Total property left to detect? Maybe another 15-20 acres. But I don't know how much quality acreage is left. I keep going over places I have already hunted there in different directions and pulling more stuff out. Some places I need to wait until the 18" high field grass is cut and do it again. If you haven't already hit your place from another direction, do it. You will find more. Congrats again to you too buddy!!

Man that is a site that keeps on giving up great stuff. Congrats on another amazing day. I want a half cent SOOOOOO bad.

Total property left to detect? Maybe another 15-20 acres. But I don't know how much quality acreage is left. I keep going over places I have already hunted there in different directions and pulling more stuff out. Some places I need to wait until the 18" high field grass is cut and do it again. If you haven't already hit your place from another direction, do it. You will find more. Congrats again to you too buddy!!

That's awesome. I did the same yesterday. The V, 2 cent/IH all came from the same small section of the yard that produced the first epic hunt.

That rain over the weekend really brought the place back to life.

That's awesome. I did the same yesterday. The V, 2 cent/IH all came from the same small section of the yard that produced the first epic hunt.

That rain over the weekend really brought the place back to life.

Yea we had heavy rain too. That's what Wayne and I were waiting for before going back over the front yard...

Went back at lunch today for 20 minutes. Only coin was my first signal a jumpy 18-13 signal turned out to be a 1910 V nickel. Better than nothing...LOL

Attachments

• photo 14.jpg
    photo 14.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 277
  • photo 15.jpg
    photo 15.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 262
Back
Top Bottom