Made a PVC Sheath

I don't understand, what would need to "give"? It hangs straight down from a belt. How much does a sheath give with a digger in it? :?:

I actually like less give, as it makes R&R of digger easier (less movement).

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg
Got mine finished, and love it, Thank's gauntlet great idea..

I love the idea of cheap solutions !!!,,,, just a suggestion on your PP holder,,,,,if you widen the top of the slot where the light portion goes, and give it a taper it will be more forgiving when you put your PP back

I love the idea of cheap solutions !!!,,,, just a suggestion on your PP holder,,,,,if you widen the top of the slot where the light portion goes, and give it a taper it will be more forgiving when you put your PP back

The way mine is, it will actually lock the PP in place. Even turning it upside down it won't fall out. It slides in easily, just a matter of lining-up the slot and light.

This was a great idea, thanks.

I had built a digger that is 3" wide and could not find a suitable sheath. I used a 2" piece for the sheath and preheated the oven to 400F. The pieces get nice and rubbery after 3 minutes.

I also made a pointer holder by pinching off part of a 1 1/2 piece of tubing.

Works great, I like the rigid sheath as I can put the digger away one handed.

Attachments

• PVC piece in the oven.jpg
    PVC piece in the oven.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 285
  • PVC digger holder.jpg
    PVC digger holder.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 285
  • PVC pointer holder.jpg
    PVC pointer holder.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 284
Great idea!!

I won't be using this but thought I might add a couple ideas....

1- You should be able to use a pan of boiling water, it would be safer in that you would not exceed 212 degrees..

2- You can get PVC in black

<*)))>{

212F is not hot enough, otherwise your home pipes would sag and bend when you drain spaghetti. ;) (Also you would have slippery and hot PVC to play with)

I like the black PVC idea though.

212F is not hot enough, otherwise your home pipes would sag and bend when you drain spaghetti. ;) (Also you would have slippery and hot PVC to play with)

I like the black PVC idea though.

Earlier in this thread it is mentioned 200F is the temp to set the oven at.. Also by the time the water is poured down the drain while draining spaghetti it would be lower then 212F, but I do see what you're getting at...

At these temps, PVC is pliable, not molten or running, i.e. your pipes may be slightly bendable just after draining spaghetti if you TRIED or wanted to bend them... Good point/thought however...

<*)))>{

Worst thing about it all is....I can't take the credit :laughing:

Best part, when it gets muddy, just hose it off.

I'm kind of surprised someone hadn't thought of this before now, unless I hadn't run across the post until this morning.

If anyone is on Finds, send the OP a thumbs-up for me!

No disrespect intended but this has been done on knife forums for years. Your execution was very good :cool: so hats off to you. Guys usually use an oven or paint stripping heat gun to soften and mold the tubing.

Back
Top Bottom