Making my own....

Aramisvi

I got fed up with trying to find some things, including a nice belt pouch for my finds....so .... I'm making my own!!!

Made this from 9oz veg tanned leather. Weighs 11oz, has a 5"x5" pocket, drop straps that fit any belt up to 2 inches.

Even started my own Etsy page in case y'all might want one too. Figured, since I make my own leather items anyway, why not make some cash to boot? Lol gotta fund my detecting adventures some how, right? Some day....that AT Pro will come home!!! :)

Attachments

• lwp.jpg
    lwp.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 766
  • PicsArt_04-20-12.49.20.jpg
    PicsArt_04-20-12.49.20.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 648
  • PicsArt_04-20-02.32.14.jpg
    PicsArt_04-20-02.32.14.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 728
I have this exact one listed at $65.99....plus I can do customs orders too!!!
Wish I still had my Lesche, because I'd do custom sheaths for those if I had one to model form with.

That's way too fancy to put dirty pulltabs in! Nice work man. Leather work is becoming one of those lost arts. I still have the leather pouch I made in boy scouts for my official boy scout pocket knife, but it isn't nearly as nice as this. ..

That is really nice! :wow:
How do you form the main pocket to that shape?

Very nice looking pouch. I kinda agree with the others though , looks to good to put dirty stuff in ....but atleast it should hold up well. I wouldnt mind having one like that but only a little deeper so I could fit plenty of the larger trash items I find in it.

If I may add a few suggestions...:grin:

The pouch top flap seems too wide to be comfortable on the side, I could see that hitting my forearm as I swung or reached for a digger etc... may not even need the top flap?

It appears to be too small to hold much of anything... I would have to stop and empty that 20 times per hunt...

An improvement might be a way for dirt to fall out of the bottom of it

Deeper or longer may be a better option than wider... a guy needs to be able to fit oddly shaped or large targets in the pouch, seems one or two pieces of a can would fill the pouch...so a deeper design would also eliminate the need for the top flap, see above

Your craftsmanship and talent definitely shows...:yes: these are just some ideas to roll around in your head as they are things I think most detectorists look for in a pouch that is functional in the field.

YOU DID A GREAT JOB WITH IT!!! Thanks for sharing...

Very nice indeed. Seems like that would work very nicely for park hunting where you dig mostly good targets and usually the trash targets are small. Great work for sure. Leather work is a lost art. Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom