Batteries....

RNB Battery Pack for Etrac

I just got a new Etrac and have been reading about the battery life issue with the stock battery pack. These RNB's look pretty slick. I am wondering though if they would void the warranty from Minelab ? Any thoughts ?

I went with enloops and built a battery. Full charge even after 3 hours of use and I haven't gone longer than that. Hopefully, this weekend, after the snow is gone, I'll go out and detect for half the day or more and see what kind of results I get. Hoping to get at least 6 hours out of the enloop kit with my eTrac.

Never heard of enloop so I just googled it. What do you mean you built a battery ? Are you using the enloop AA batteries in the AA battery pack ?

Been using the RNB Lion pack for E-Trac for a couple of months. They last for over 20 hours on a charge and do not exceed the 13V limit set by ML. They are good investment, IMO.

Been using the RNB Lion pack for E-Trac for a couple of months. They last for over 20 hours on a charge and do not exceed the 13V limit set by ML. They are good investment, IMO.

Is that RNB pack a Lithium Ion ? Th RNB's look good but the Etrac manual says not to use Lithium Ion as it will void the warranty, so I am hesitant.

Is that RNB pack a Lithium Ion ? Th RNB's look good but the Etrac manual says not to use Lithium Ion as it will void the warranty, so I am hesitant.

Yes it is Lithium Ion. Mine lab says not to use them because the voltage of the cells would exceed 13 volts which will damage the machine. RNB has built them to where the output is 12.5 volts. If you run alkalines in it the voltage will be 12. I have been using this battery for more than 2 months with no problems. RNB says on their web site that it will not void the warranty. Hope this helps.

Yes it is Lithium Ion. Mine lab says not to use them because the voltage of the cells would exceed 13 volts which will damage the machine. RNB has built them to where the output is 12.5 volts. If you run alkalines in it the voltage will be 12. I have been using this battery for more than 2 months with no problems. RNB says on their web site that it will not void the warranty. Hope this helps.

Good to know, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom