what other hobbies are you into?

gianetics

Elite Member
just curious, to me it seems that people in certain hobbies gravitate towards others that are similar. for me:

metal detecting (obviously)
fishing (unfortunately i opened a tackle shop and killed the "hobbie"
guns
knives
disc golf
flashlights

those are the main ones. ive taken a metal detector with me while disc golfing one hell of a day. now i just need to play a night round so i can disc golf while metal detecting, using a flashlight to see where i left my knife, because my gun jammed trying to shoot a squirrel i was fishing for :roll:

I'm into most outdoor activities that don't require tons of exertion! Like fishing, hunting, and prospecting, along with MD'ing. When I lived in Colorado, 4 wheeling was one of my favorite past times, combined with the above. Here in PA that is very limited, and prospecting has been a bust. So pretty much limited to fishing, hunting and MD'ing now.

oh man in my mid twenties i lived in the outdoors. ever hear of B.O.S.S. boulder outdoor survival school. i took a 28 day field course, without a doubt the hardest thing i have ever done. at least 5 times i though i was gonna quit

oh man in my mid twenties i lived in the outdoors. ever hear of B.O.S.S. boulder outdoor survival school. i took a 28 day field course, without a doubt the hardest thing i have ever done. at least 5 times i though i was gonna quit

Yeah, did something like that in my younger days, called Basic Training. Like to killed me too! Those days are SO long gone!

Bass fishing and

Golf, Used to hunt deer both archery and rifle. Paint ball when it was in it's infancy. Fished salmon in Me. for 20 years. Fished Kings in Lake Ontario for years. Played baseball into my thirties, then softball into mid forties.

Right now, to old for some of those thing. Now it's detecting and golf 2 days each per week. Attend college baseball and high school football. Lots of that down here.

I WANT TO DO THAT!

Too bad the price is $5000!!!!! WOW

Guns (mostly pistol, but looking to get into 3 gun shooting)

Paintball

Cars (American muscle) Just sold a 73' Mach 1 351c 4bbl, looking to buy a 69' Chevelle SS 396 and eventually a AC Cobra Kit Car.

History

Xbox (COD).

Welding & metal fabrication. Currently working on a Saguaro cactus made
entirely out of used horseshoes. It will be "planted" in my front yard. Also
enjoy riding thru the desert in my 4x4 1974 Jeep CJ 5. :tumbleweed: :neat:

military miniatures ...

here is a Robert E Lee - 1/9 scale bust I am attempting to paint. This is my first attempt at painting a figure, as I normally build 1/35 scale armor.

last pic is a 1/35 scale 1937 203mm Russian howitzer used mainly in Berlin during the final days of WWII

Attachments

• step 3 - rebertelee2.jpg
    step 3 - rebertelee2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 236
  • step 3 - rebertelee3.jpg
    step 3 - rebertelee3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 232
  • step 3 - robertelee6.jpg
    step 3 - robertelee6.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 240
  • step 3 - robertelee7.jpg
    step 3 - robertelee7.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 203mm.jpg
    203mm.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 231
Hunting, shooting, and pretty much doing anything outdoors. But my main hobby is teaching my son the worthless knowledge of things that will actually pay off for him later in life. As I found out from my dad.:D

Ok... here's my list of other things that entertain me. Also Panning and Sluicing for Gold, hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, bottle collecting (old 1800's), painting (oil and acylic) I'm a realist. Reading, reaserching lands and towns for MDing and Prospecting. Animals of any type, I've raised just about all farm animals except for sheep. Also painting murals in homes and public businesses. I collect rocks and gems. In my past I was a sky diver, rock climber and a nut for skeet and trap shooting. Also an avid surfer along the coast of Calif. I loved to play baseball. Also I worked for titleist for a few yrs. Golfed all over for free, (boring sport)

My hobbies

Other than metal detecting, I'm into drawing, writing, pyrography (woodburning), horseback riding, model building, and playing video games. This is Wisconsin, so I've got roughly half the year with practically nothing to do but stay inside. :(

With college and all I've had less time than I've had in the past, but I still try to make time for my art. Here is some of my more recent artwork. The first two are pencil drawings, the next two are pyrography, and the last is oil pastel. All are freehand:

Attachments

• DSCN3301a.jpg
    DSCN3301a.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCN3863a.jpg
    DSCN3863a.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCN1664a.jpg
    DSCN1664a.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 054a.jpg
    054a.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCN3967a.jpg
    DSCN3967a.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 230
Other than metal detecting, I'm into graphite drawing, pyrography (woodburning), writing, horseback riding, model building, and playing video games. This is Wisconsin, so I've got roughly half the year with practically nothing to do but stay inside. :(

With college and all I've had less time than I've had in the past, but I still try to make time for my art. Here is some of my more recent artwork. The first two are pencil drawings, the last two are pyrography:

Awesome Gab - Love the drawings!! I have TONS of woodburning supplies including a real nice brand new adjustabe temp wood burner, many pattern books, wood blanks, etc, but have not done it in years

Fishing, boating, riding my Harley and woodworking. I like to carve fish, like this one, since I can't seem to catch a walleye this big. :lol: I actually won a carving contest with this one. Airbrushed with stain so the wood grain still shows through. Gotta get off the sofa and make another while the ground is frozen.

Attachments

• P1200474 - Copy.jpg
    P1200474 - Copy.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 220
Back
Top Bottom