Simple excal coil brace, PVC

zeemang

Forum Supporter
Took lots of pics to make this really simple...
Start with a piece of 2 inch pvc, thicker walled is better. Slit it down the side with a hacksaw before you cut it to length, easier than cutting it after cutting pipe to length.
Throw it in the oven, in a few minutes it will unfold when it's time. Take it out using a mitt unless you want your fingerprints permanently set in your new coil brace:lol::lol::lol:Lay it on the counter and flatten it out.
Draw out the figure you want it to be, use heavy duty shears or garden shears to cut it while still worm. note: if you try to cut pvc with shears when it gets cold it will break not cut...
Throw it back in the oven for a minute to rewarm.
Remove and place next to your coil and shape it so the wings fold over the coil front and back.
Last, poke a hole in the pvc for the coil bolt and one for a zip tie to hold it to the shaft....I like folding the wings over the coil like this instead of having them upright as it creates less drag in the water this way...
CHEAP and effective....

Attachments

• Photo0141.jpg
    Photo0141.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 553
  • Photo0142.jpg
    Photo0142.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 494
  • Photo0144.jpg
    Photo0144.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 493
  • Photo0145.jpg
    Photo0145.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 482
  • Photo0146.jpg
    Photo0146.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 504
I hear you Goodmore.... i like having the coil with a little movement, but i dont like it chewing up the lower rod, pulling the ears in and separating the coil. If you notice my rubbers are in pretty good shape. Most people may not put the hours on a coil i have in a year.... so might not notice this wear, well until the warranty is OUT.

Thanks CS, like they say ..... necessity is the mother of invention. We all have various machines each have their issues we have to modify until someone builds a better mouse trap.

Dew

Nice Job Zman....

Dew, to much Mountain dew for you buddy...

Back
Top Bottom